Can I do this with Turbo NAS

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
gregeeh
Getting the hang of things

Can I do this with Turbo NAS

Post by gregeeh »

Hi all,

I want to purchase a budget NAS so looking at the TS-128. Yep, single drive but is all I need.

Can it do this and if so using what app? Let's say I have an Android phone and Android Tablet and I take a couple of photos on the phone. I want those photos copied to the NAS and then the tablet. If the phone or tablet deletes one of those photos it is deleted from the NAS and also from the other Android device.

TIA

Greg
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: Can I do this with Turbo NAS

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

gregeeh wrote:Hi all,

I want to purchase a budget NAS so looking at the TS-128. Yep, single drive but is all I need.

Can it do this and if so using what app? Let's say I have an Android phone and Android Tablet and I take a couple of photos on the phone. I want those photos copied to the NAS and then the tablet. If the phone or tablet deletes one of those photos it is deleted from the NAS and also from the other Android device.

TIA

Greg

on android smartphone, there are qnap apps like qfile or qsync
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... QNAP&hl=en

in the qnap mobile app you can setup sync, so if on android phone/tablet you delete something, it will also get deleted in the same sync folder location on your qnap.

[youtube=]X4pqeiET0Io[/youtube]

[youtube=]eVhLr-2XuWk[/youtube]

i got the ts-128
[youtube=]iydBh8RsJ_s[/youtube]

it's a good cheap model just for normal storage. don't expect doing intensive stuff like transcoding.

alternatively, i also got the 2bay model the ts-228. the difference is you can use raid1 which i recommend at minimum, but requires 2 hdd, which the 1bay model is not capable of.
[youtube=]m2HkKTGImGY[/youtube]
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

Return to “Presales”