Admin password glitch

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
Luteplayer
New here

Admin password glitch

Post by Luteplayer »

I am looking to upgrade my TS 212P but, having had a glitch with the login account/password not being recognised and needing a certain amount of 'surgery' and ssh. I would like to know whether this problem persists with later models such as TS 351? I gather that the problem has been well-known but I could not find anything about its eradication, although the solution posted by PWilson certainly was effective in resolving the problem.
Don
Guru

Re: Admin password glitch

Post by Don »

You have not told us about the glitch so unable to respond.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
Luteplayer
New here

Post by Luteplayer »

As I said: There was a problem with the login details - Username and Password - not being recognised and therefore no access being given to the HDDs. The solution was to open the case, remove the HDDs and boot up. At this point the default username/password combination was accessible from a webserver. The HDDs were hot-connected and remounted by applying some ssh via the web interface. This has been reported on a number of occasions but it is time-consuming and my question was whether the underlying problem had been resolved in current models. ('Glitch' a technical fault, usually temporary)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

cant recall any such issue

you got a link to the discussion/info about it ?

In have a 419p+ and never encountered it
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Same here, don’t recall any such issue.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Presales”