QNAP needs to talk to their #@$( vendors.

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
kellic
Starting out

QNAP needs to talk to their #@$( vendors.

Post by kellic »

So a couple weeks ago I posted this

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=148590

I had some questions on what shipped with the TVS-1282T for a CPU. I contacted QNAPdirect that appears to be SimplyNAS rebranded. *shrugs* Whatever.

I asked the question what came in the system. And was told....

Ordered it.....

And got.....

Short of it is that I'm returning this because I didn't get what I was sold and seriously reconsidering QNAP. However I'm not blaming the vendor. I had a legit question. They went back to QNAP, and they were given inaccurate info and changed their product page based on that. I'm blaming QNAP for not changing SKUs when they change a product. And don't put this on me guys. I didn't force them to change their webpage details. Apparently those details were accurate. Even though QNAP's own page says its a 7700. There should be an asterisk next to it saying except for vendors who still have our old models in stock and there is no way to identify them without looking at the box it comes with.

TVS-1282T-i7-32G-US

Doesn't tell you jack about the CPU model other than its an i7. And sorry. That is kind of important. That is amateurish. As best I can tell there is no way to tell what CPU you are getting until you get the product in hand which is a joke.

The bigger issue I have is I'm a person who is detailed oriented. I pay attention to such things. I'm wondering how many people ordered a product with the thinking that it came with X or Y and didn't bother to check after they got it?

Anyways. Time to start the RMA process.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP needs to talk to their #@$( vendors.

Post by dolbyman »

qnap website says i7 7700 (i7 model)

https://www.qnap.com/en/product/tvs-128 ... s/hardware

open a ticket with qnap
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Re: QNAP needs to talk to their #@$( vendors.

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

I am sorry the TVS-1282T came with the 6th gen CPU. It should have come with the 7th gen. We will further investigate this matter and we can get you a replacement with the right CPU.

Return to “Presales”