Qnap Ts230

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
Alex223
New here

Qnap Ts230

Post by Alex223 »

Hello community,

I like to buy the new qnap TS 230 but i have some questions before I choose it.

- I like to access my files from anywere from my android phone, is there an avaiable app in the play store that allow me that, like "dropbox"?

- I plan to stream my movies from the nas to my samsung smart tv with subtitiles, is this function available with this model? (not plex)

Thanks, :geek:
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Qnap Ts230

Post by dolbyman »

- read up on the security risk in exposing your NAS only use a VPN to access it (free and done best via VPN server capable router)
- Samsung buildin DLNA player supports subtitles but I have only ever tried it via twonky DLNA (not free)
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

Qfile can let you acces your files using your phone. And it can automatically backup photoes and videoes you take. You can port forward and access your NAS using the domain name, but using a VPN is safer. We have QVPN.
Alex223
New here

Post by Alex223 »

Thank's for the replay Dolbyman and QnapDanielFl,

Apparently my Samsung smart tv doesn't support Subtitles with DLNA (kind of strange),
I saw that qnap has the application video station 5.5 installed, but if I am not wrong there is no app for the Samsung smart tv available, is there an alternative client available to access this software?

Thanks, :geek:
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

My Samsung KS8000 can do Subs via DLNA and Plex. I am basically 99% Plex nowadays, basically like a private netflix .. very convenient and visually pleasing

Return to “Presales”