Compatibility of Thunderbolt™ 3 Expansion Card (QXP-T32P)

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
Stephan_AFR
First post

Compatibility of Thunderbolt™ 3 Expansion Card (QXP-T32P)

Post by Stephan_AFR »

Hi,

I was wondering if I can use the Thunderbolt™ 3 Expansion Card (QXP-T32P) with the TVS-882T?
The TVS-882T has already a Thunderbolt 2 expansion card I would like to replace.

We got a bunch of Dell XPS 17's and we want to connect them directly to the TVS-882T's we use.

Your help and advice is much apprichated.
Many thanks,
Stephan
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Re: Compatibility of Thunderbolt™ 3 Expansion Card (QXP-T32P)

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

Officially we don't support that thunderbolt card in a TVS-882T. And I would add that if you went for an unsupported configuration, even if you found it to work, (which it might not) I would not recommend connecting a Windows PC to a QNAP through thunderbolt. Our thunderbolt NAS work much better with mac thunderbolt than windows thunderbolt.
lotechnz
New here

Post by lotechnz »

Following up on this - I'm in a similar boat - 2 QNAP's (TVS-882ST & TVS-871T) but in a heavy Apple based work environment. I'd love to replace the TB2 cards with TB3 - even not for the speed improvement but the ease of connectivity. If anyone has taken the jump I'd love to know how it went.
lotechnz
New here

Post by lotechnz »

Actually being that the newer model - the TVS-882ST3 is the same specs bar a newer CPU and TB3 card instead of TB2 - I'm wondering how it _wouldn't_ work.
It has the same PCIe port speeds (8x & 4x).

Return to “Presales”