QNAP TL D800C vs QNAP TR 008T Thunderbolt expansion unit

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
Training4all
Starting out

QNAP TL D800C vs QNAP TR 008T Thunderbolt expansion unit

Post by Training4all »

I have a QNAP TVS 872 XT Thunderbolt NAS & I'm now in the market for a 8 bay expansion unit but I need a little more info about the TL D800C. On the Box website https://www.box.co.uk/TL-D800C-QNAP-TL- ... 76017.html they claim on their website that the NAS can be connected via 'Thunderbolt 3 Type-C connection using different cables' for connectivaty via the USB 3.2 to thunderbolt connection. Can anyone tell me if this information is this correct?

Also any news on when the QNAP TR-008T is going to be released? and at what sort of price range will it cost?

I'm really undecided as to if I should get the QNAP TL D800C or wait for the QNAP TR 008T thunderbolt expansion unit to be released. Any advice would be much appreciated.
QNAPDanielFL
Easy as a breeze

Re: QNAP TL D800C vs QNAP TR 008T Thunderbolt expansion unit

Post by QNAPDanielFL »

TL D800C uses a USB 10Gb connection. If you want to connect this to your NAS, I would suggest using a USB port on the NAS. It won't be thunderbolt speeds. So if you wait for the thunderbolt expansion units, they should be faster.
Training4all
Starting out

Re: QNAP TL D800C vs QNAP TR 008T Thunderbolt expansion unit

Post by Training4all »

ok well I've now been waiting over a year now & we are now in the 2nd month of the 2nd Quarter of 2021 which was the rumored estimated release timebut STILL nothing. Any more up dates or news on when the actual release date for QNAP TR 008T will be?

Return to “Presales”