File station corrupt

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
StrongArm
New here

File station corrupt

Post by StrongArm »

Hi,
My file station seems to be corrupt.
Whenever I use file station on the NAS itself folders seem empty or missing but everything shows fine via ftp,qfile,windows or any other method I choose other than using file station itself.
I've tried enabling and disabling it via station manager with no joy.
Is there a way to reset file manager or a way to rebuild the index?
Thanks
Rob
pwilson
Guru

Re: File station corrupt

Post by pwilson »

StrongArm wrote:Hi,
Whenever I use file station on the NAS itself folders seem empty or missing but everything shows fine via ftp,qfile,windows or any other method I choose other than using file station itself.
Thanks
Rob
If File Station is loading, then it is fine. This is likely a "permissions" issue.

If you want help from the Community, please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
StrongArm
New here

Post by StrongArm »

pwilson wrote:
Thanks
Rob
If File Station is loading, then it is fine. This is likely a "permissions" issue.

If you want help from the Community, please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following
File permissions are fine, I'm running TS-453 4.1.2 Build 20150126 btw.
If I click refresh while in file manager the odd folder shows (sometimes) but no files within.
In file manager I can even click one of the folders stated above and it calculates correctly file size of a file that doesn't show :roll:
QNAP TS-453 Pro w/ (4 x 4TB) WD40EFRX WD Reds (RAID5)
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

StrongArm wrote:
pwilson wrote:
Thanks
Rob

File permissions are fine, I'm running TS-453 4.1.2 Build 20150126 btw.
If I click refresh while in file manager the odd folder shows (sometimes) but no files within.
In file manager I can even click one of the folders stated above and it calculates correctly file size of a file that doesn't show :roll:
So re-install 4.1.2 Build 20150126. This will re-provide the File Station app. You may be a victim of a corruptted Firmware update, simply re-install it again. Check out QNAPedia article: Manually Updating Firmware.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

StrongArm
New here

Post by StrongArm »

Thanks for the suggestion just did a reflash of the firmware and it's still the same.
Everything except file station can see folders/structure/items correctly.
Whatever file station is using to indicate folders/structure/items is corrupt.
StrongArm
New here

Post by StrongArm »

:roll:
StrongArm
New here

Post by StrongArm »

This corruption seems to go to the heart of the system even after a factory reset.
Therefore I'm doing a full factory reset along with wiping all the hard drives to resolve.
(factory reset on it's own just picks up the corruption previously, tried the two different types of reset available)
Then I will put my pure files only back on.
I'll update this thread on the outcome.

Oh and Patrick thanks for trying to help. :D
StrongArm
New here

Post by StrongArm »

Everything back to normal, never did work out why or what happened. :S
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

StrongArm wrote:Everything back to normal, never did work out why or what happened. :S
I suspect this issue occurred sometime after 2015/01/26. It typically occurs immediately after Firmware upgrades.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

dx111ge
New here

Post by dx111ge »

same problem for me, empty folders in file station, but files are visible via network share. It happens after the last patch. So I really need a complete reinstallation ? Holy sh... it takes days again. Any other suggestestions, hints will be really appreciated
CylonCenturion

Post by CylonCenturion »

dx111ge wrote:same problem for me, empty folders in file station, but files are visible via network share. It happens after the last patch. So I really need a complete reinstallation ? Holy sh... it takes days again. Any other suggestestions, hints will be really appreciated
did you reboot after the FW upgrade?
golgoth
New here

Post by golgoth »

Same problem here (even after rebooting), no solution except factory reset?
Danny63
New here

Post by Danny63 »

For me, I had this same issue but realized it was something I had done. I had previously run a Smart File Filter/search for the word 'war' and did not go back and clear the filter. As a result, File Station remembered that search and continued to ONLY show the folders that contained that word. Jumped on to the filter and cleared all search data ... up came all my folders!

Hope that helps everyone who like me thought ... NOOOO I dont want to reset my Qnap :-)
nsmeds
Starting out

Post by nsmeds »

@Danny63 Great input! I've had File Station not working for the admin account for several months now.
Your post made me aware that the filter symbol on the admin account was blue and not grey and indeed
there was a search pattern in there.

Could we maybe ask that Filemanager clears the active filter when it is started???

Thanks a lot for your input.
rickpdx
New here

Post by rickpdx »

Thank you! That was so simple but brilliant. I had no idea why my folders all showed empty from the web interface, when I could view them from my Mac otherwise. I checked the search filter and sure enough, I had a term in there. Cleared it and folders are back to normal! What a relief. Thanks!

Return to “Official Apps”