[Linux Station] first run + video (Youtube)

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
yannai
First post

Re: [Linux Station] first run + video (Youtube)

Post by yannai »

father_mande wrote:Hi,

Suppressing the share visible in Linux Station can be done as usual through the config file for the Ubuntu-hd LXC
so you can limit the access ...
Hi Philippe,

I read your cookbook, and tried, for a few hours, various changes to the linux station lxc config file, but I wasn't able to find a way to suppress the visibility of shares in linux station. Dan (mandadan) and Twistingmymelons both asked for a solution to the same problem as well, so I guess it's a problem many people run into, so a reply would probably help a lot of people.

Could you please explain how I can change the linux station lxc config file(s) to suppress all shares from linux station?

Thanks so much,
Yannai
Twistingmymelons
Starting out

Post by Twistingmymelons »

Thanks Philippe!

I appear to have finally removed the default access to all my shares and I can now use Linux Station instead of HD station which I was worried about doing due to the security issues. I'd asked QNAP Technical support about this and they were no help (only saying they would add it as a feature request list for the next release but why would you want to give full access to the whole of your NAS anyway?)

In case anyone else needs to do what I did then go to the autodev.sh file which is located in share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ubuntu-hd/lxc/ubuntu_1604/autodev.sh and comment out lines beginning with mkdir and busybox as below:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

set -x

export PATH=$(getcfg container-station Install_Path -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf)/bin:$PATH

#mkdir -p "${LXC_ROOTFS_MOUNT}/.share"
#busybox mount --rbind /share "${LXC_ROOTFS_MOUNT}/.share"

busybox cp -a /dev/video* /dev/dri* /dev/dsp* /dev/tty* /dev/input /dev/snd /dev/fuse "${LXC_ROOTFS_MOUNT}/dev/"
busybox chmod 1777 "${LXC_ROOTFS_MOUNT}/dev/shm"

exit 0
Shikomo
New here

Post by Shikomo »

I tried to do the same modification on my autodev.sh but after saving and rebooting the container, LinuxStation is not booting up (no VNC) and the starting windows in Qnap administration is in a weird state.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Official Apps”