[Linux Station] Ubuntu installation failed!

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
ptmax13
Starting out

[Linux Station] Ubuntu installation failed!

Post by ptmax13 »

I discovered this today and decided to test it.
I had to download the zip from the AppCenter site because it was not showing from inside my QTS.
So, I've installed latest Container Station, 1.3.85.835, and went through it's settings. OK.
Then I've installed the LinuxStation zip, all went OK.
I started Linux Station, chosen Ubuntu, and upon 90% of the install, I got an error message, that the installation failed.
All I could do is press reset, which starts the installation again, and fails again.

Since then, I have restarted my NAS several times, deleted Linux Station and installed again, but nothing changes.
Anybody has any ideas to try?

I have a TS-453Pro with 8GB RAM, latest QTS 4.2 (Jan 16)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
overrun
New here

Re: [Linux Station] Ubuntu installation failed!

Post by overrun »

ptmax13 wrote:I discovered this today and decided to test it.
I had to download the zip from the AppCenter site because it was not showing from inside my QTS.
So, I've installed latest Container Station, 1.3.85.835, and went through it's settings. OK.
Then I've installed the LinuxStation zip, all went OK.
I started Linux Station, chosen Ubuntu, and upon 90% of the install, I got an error message, that the installation failed.
All I could do is press reset, which starts the installation again, and fails again.

Since then, I have restarted my NAS several times, deleted Linux Station and installed again, but nothing changes.
Anybody has any ideas to try?

I have a TS-453Pro with 8GB RAM, latest QTS 4.2 (Jan 16)

Hi ptmax13,

I just got a TS-453A to replace my old TS-412 and i got same error when i was trying to the install an ubuntu image at linux station, After a few trying i notice that the error was beause i had a port trunking configured for my adapters. After remove the port trunking and reinstalling the linux station i got everthing working fine (but i cant enable port trunking again).

I suspect this error occours because after the linux station installation the system creates a virtual switch and connect your main adapter to that and when you have a port trunking the linux station dont know how to handler.

If you still got the problem check this and post back if you got success... maybe this can help others.

p.s: sorry for my english.
eskaypsilon
First post

Post by eskaypsilon »

>> port trunking configured for my Adapters

This is the solution. Thank you...
mccombs
Starting out

Post by mccombs »

I have port 1 and 2 trunked together with port 3 available separately for Linux Station. Installing Linux Station shows adapter 3 being dedicated to Linux Station as a virtual switch yet installing Ubuntu 16.04 still fails at 18%.

QTS seems to be quite buggy.
szuler
First post

Post by szuler »

In my case issue with ubuntu installation was Virtualization station running (but no VM started). Installation failed at 3%. Switching off VM station allowed to install ubuntu with no further issues.

@TS-453 PRO
aryan
Know my way around

Post by aryan »

Same problem! I've disabled V.S. and I have no trunk configured
QNAP TS-451+ / QTS 4.5 / 8GB (4+4) Kingston KVR16LS11 / WD RED 4TB(x4) RAID5 / Remote QNAP RM-IR002 / Logitech K400 White / APC Back-UPS ES 550G
AVR: ONKYO TX-NR609 / TV: Hisense H65M7000
aryan
Know my way around

Post by aryan »

Crazy! This morning I've re-tried to download it and it works!
QNAP TS-451+ / QTS 4.5 / 8GB (4+4) Kingston KVR16LS11 / WD RED 4TB(x4) RAID5 / Remote QNAP RM-IR002 / Logitech K400 White / APC Back-UPS ES 550G
AVR: ONKYO TX-NR609 / TV: Hisense H65M7000
CorePrime
New here

Post by CorePrime »

TS-253A fresh install of QTS. Install linux station, tried to install ubuntu 16.04 and it fails at %51.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Make sure you have Container Station Installed, and HD_Station Disabled/Linux Station Enabled in Hybrid Desktop.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
davilafran
New here

Post by davilafran »

TS-453A installation error at 51%. Port trunking enabled.
GlenMH
Starting out

Post by GlenMH »

davilafran wrote:TS-453A installation error at 51%. Port trunking enabled.
I raised a ticket for this but I couldn't give QNAP enough time to sort it out as I needed the unit operational.

I ended up doing a full factory reset and that sorted it out.
agonz73
New here

Post by agonz73 »

TS-453A here. I'm having the same issue. I don't have port trunking enabled. I click port trunking, but nothing is there, so i'm assuming it's not setup. It keeps failing at 51%. I have Container Station Installed, and HD_Station Disabled/Linux Station Enabled in Hybrid Desktop. Nothing is working for me? Am I going to have to do a full factory reset? ugh!!! What a PIA this is.

I keep getting this error:

Type Date Time Users Source IP Computer name Content

Error 2016/11/07 20:06:43 System 127.0.0.1 localhost [Linux Station] Missing bridge support (qs_util), iface: eth0

Can someone please help?
wolframmitbach
New here

Post by wolframmitbach »

TS-253A: I'm having the same problem. Download is extremely slow ends with 'installation failed' After the x-th repetition it finally stops completely at 51%
bardito
New here

Post by bardito »

Same here, TS253A, no port trunkating, stopped Virtualization station, tried with the three available UBUNTU OSs and all of them stop at 51%

Any solution?? I seriously would like to avoid the reset solution. It has to exist an explanation.

Thanks for your feedbacks!
bardito
New here

Post by bardito »

OK, solved... to anyone facing this issue... stop randomly all apps in your QNAP except the container station and the linux station, Install it and after that, start all again.

Funny IT approach...

Return to “Official Apps”