QSIRCH: need help about the logic of indexing...

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
gghiglia
New here

QSIRCH: need help about the logic of indexing...

Post by gghiglia »

Hi!
I'm a new QNAP user and I'm not able to understand the logic of including indexed files based un users' roles.
First of all here's my goal: I want [1] to use QSynch to backup users' files from their PCs and, then, [2] to use Qsirch, based on a pyramidal logic, to search for indexed files stored by QSynch (dir. Homes, and hidden .QSynch) (and taking care of the user's role in my Company). I need at least three levels of permission: (a) users that can search among all files on the volume (single volume); (b) users that can search among files stored by users of one single deparment; (c) users that can search only among their own files.

I did a first test, only using the users: ADMIN (default QNAP admin); user01 (administrators group); user02 (standard user). I uploaded some files by Qsynch for user01 and
user02.
With the ADMIN user, no problem: Qsirch consider all the files of the 2 users.
With user01, I would extect to get the same result as with the ADMIN, but Qsirch only consider the files of the user01 and NOT the files of user02.
With user02, no problem too: Qsirch consider only the files of this user.

How can I get the results I need, and what kind of groups/permission I have to set for this? Is there a technical paper or a post in this forum about the logic of indexing of Qsirch?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Giangiacomo

Return to “Official Apps”