[Linux Station]Unity launcher ignores my changes and always show the default set of icons

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
knwt
Getting the hang of things

[Linux Station]Unity launcher ignores my changes and always show the default set of icons

Post by knwt »

After updating to Linux Station V1.2.2009, every time I log off and log in again my launcher goes back to default icons (Amazon, Office, QTS, etc) no matter how many times I remove everything but Kodi and Firefox.

Tried to right click and "Unlock from the launcher" and also click and drag to the trash.

Any ideas?

- I didn't mess around with any UI tweaker
- I Disabled/Enabled my Linux Station so I can have a fresh start.
- I can change the wallpaper normally. The only problem I'm having is with the default icons from the Unity Laucher.
Model name: TS-264 + Transcend 16GB RAM
Model name: TS-251 + Kingston 16GB RAM (2x KVR16LS11/8)
Firmware version: the latest for each model
iamderek
Starting out

Re: [Linux Station]Unity launcher ignores my changes and always show the default set of icons

Post by iamderek »

Are you using the user "admin"? Create a new user in Linux Station and use it to login instead. If I remember correctly, user "admin" will be overwritten during the restart of Linux Station.
swiederm
New here

Re: [Linux Station]Unity launcher ignores my changes and always show the default set of icons

Post by swiederm »

Yes, in 16.04 it now deletes all user settings after a reboot. No not the Admin account like normal, now any created user account!

After 100+ hours work trying to get either 14.04 or 16.04 functional (deluge+sonarr+PIA+kodi), I've given up on the p.o.s. called Linux Station.
jasonin951
Starting out

Post by jasonin951 »

I am having the same issue as well under 16.04. Ignores my launcher customization upon logoff or reboot even when using a different account other than admin. On a previous install however it worked fine. It appears that a recent Linux Station update may be the culprit. I also noticed this version is a bit different with Kodi 17.0 and Chrome pre-installed. The version that worked before had an older Kodi and no Chrome.
aryan
Know my way around

Post by aryan »

Same issue! Before the last update all worked well also with admin user. Now I've problem also with KODI that often crashes and I lost some settings about Pulse Audio etc!
QNAP TS-451+ / QTS 4.5 / 8GB (4+4) Kingston KVR16LS11 / WD RED 4TB(x4) RAID5 / Remote QNAP RM-IR002 / Logitech K400 White / APC Back-UPS ES 550G
AVR: ONKYO TX-NR609 / TV: Hisense H65M7000
marianek
Starting out

Post by marianek »

Same issue! I have this same problem with last Linux Station.
TS-251 - Intel 8GB , 2 x 3 TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 , Firmware 4.3
TS-220 ARM, 2 x 3 TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 , Firmware 4.2
http://www.oben.pl
aryan
Know my way around

Post by aryan »

News????
QNAP TS-451+ / QTS 4.5 / 8GB (4+4) Kingston KVR16LS11 / WD RED 4TB(x4) RAID5 / Remote QNAP RM-IR002 / Logitech K400 White / APC Back-UPS ES 550G
bionicrocky
New here

Post by bionicrocky »

Any updates here? Has anyone started a ticket with Qnap?
aryan
Know my way around

Post by aryan »

No, I'll try soon the new QTS 4.3.3 and I'll see if the have fixed this issue
brandon.arnold
Starting out

Post by brandon.arnold »

I've created a ticket for this, referencing this thread and steps to reproduce. There are a lot of problems I have with Linux Station right now.
brandon.arnold
Starting out

Post by brandon.arnold »

For the record, it is pretty easy to use XFCE instead (log out and back in after running 'sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop').
brandon.arnold
Starting out

Post by brandon.arnold »

I have started a ticket with this issue, as other launchers have other issues, and I hate to stray too far from the vanilla Linux Station configuration, seeing as how it is very easy to have to wipe it out and reinstall it.
brandon.arnold
Starting out

Post by brandon.arnold »

Update: opened ticket #OVG-686-15307 three weeks ago with this issue. Met with Loc 5 days later, who recorded my reproducing the defect live. Since then I've been pinging him every 3-4 days, but he has stopped responding as of 1.5 weeks ago.
aurusa
First post

Post by aurusa »

QNAP linux station replace all launcher icons at session start.

for disable this "feature" open gnome-session-properties and disable or delete /usr/bin/qnap-launcher

Return to “Official Apps”