[intro+bug] Browser station

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

[intro+bug] Browser station

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

This was recently released. is available for download from the firmware 4.3.3.0154 Build 20170413 app center.

May have found the first bug. Like why is the 5th screenshot have chinese text? :?

pre-requisite: need to install container station

the help description:

Description
Left pane

The left pane provides several management options to help you manage browsers more effectively.

Overview: View the information and status of all browsers.

Log: View all the event logs.

Add browser: You can easily create browsers that allow you to access the web via QNAP NAS to bypass network limitations.
Right area

The content displayed in this area depends on the option you select on the left pane.

Overview: View and manage all the created browsers.

Log: You can use filters to quickly find specific log entries to increase the efficiency of troubleshooting. You can also download reports and send them to QNAP for further support
Browser page: You can select a browser to access the web. Administrators can also manage the system resources used by browsers for a better resource allocation.

When using Browser Station on NAS, do not use the Browser Station to view the same instance of Browser Station in a web browser. Using both display methods simultaneously results in continuous mirroring of the desktop.
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
HUFChris
Starting out

Re: [intro+bug] Browser station

Post by HUFChris »

Does this work for people?

I can get the app to install but when installing a test browser it gets stuck at 95%.
peter247
Getting the hang of things

Post by peter247 »

No I could not get it working , I did a post in the beta section about not getting it working.
orange8
First post

Post by orange8 »

Mine ist not working neither.

said Unable to open the browser.
The system is not responding due to insufficient memory or network issues. Click "Retry" to open the browser again. Click "Report" to download the report for more information. You can also send this report to QNAP for further support.
petato
First post

Post by petato »

The same thing happened to me.
Turn off the virtual machines and now it works for me.
I turned on the virtual machines from the browser
The error is VNC connection or something like that
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Using it on the LAN works (somewhat), but it has hickups on screen redraws and mouse accuracy until it completely messes up the screen and moves part of the web off screen. Then all I can do is to close it.
Tried it also via myQNAPcloud, but there it is stuck on 100% forever.
Has anyone actually been able to make this run at all?
The idea is great, and I do realize that it is still in beta.....

[Edit] To get it to run properly, I had to shut off all ad-blockers. Then it turned out that another problem is linked to the way Browser Station captures mouse movements, as well as how your screen layout and redraw is handled on the client. If you pay close attention to the mouse, it changes color and shape as soon as you move it into the browser window. This is presumably when BS actively captures your mouse. I happened to have Chrome Remote Desktop (CRD) running at the same time, and the result was a complete blocking of Browser Station mouse clicks. But the keyboard does work. When I closed RDP, everything works ok. But then again, using BS remotely is after all the main purpose, so I find it odd that they never tested this with CRD.
It seems also that it only works with the Chrome Browser. I haven't been able to make it work with any other browser.
When I scale the BS window beyond 1280x1024, it begins to shift content off the screen towards the upper left corner. At full screen, (2560x1440 for me) most of the browser window content is off screen, and it becomes, for all practical reasons, useless. I will continue to test cause I'd like to get it to work remotely, if not at least through myQNAPcloud.
ImageImageImage
michaelxy
Starting out

Post by michaelxy »

Ist there a solution?
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

michaelxy wrote:Ist there a solution?
The most recent update works ok. Most of the initial bugs have been ironed out.
ImageImageImage
michaelxy
Starting out

Post by michaelxy »

"The most recent update works ok."

Update of the Firmware or the App? I found no newer updates and its not working on my ts-251.

I have - 4.3.3.0361
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Browser Station!
ImageImageImage
michaelxy
Starting out

Post by michaelxy »

I have BrowserStation 1.0.462 - newest version - and its not working.
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

michaelxy wrote:I have BrowserStation 1.0.462 - newest version - and its not working.
Then I'm sorry - I cannot help you. It's working fine with me now.
ImageImageImage
michaelxy
Starting out

Post by michaelxy »

I found out with the 'admin' user it will work but not with an other user. But the other user is in the administrator-group.

Return to “Official Apps”