[Linux Station]OpenVPN /dev/net/tun

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
Shikomo
New here

[Linux Station]OpenVPN /dev/net/tun

Post by Shikomo »

Hi,

I tried to configure a OpenVpn connection through Linux Station (Ubuntu 16 04).

I've installed the following packages : openvpn, network-manager-openvpn, network-manager-openvpn-gnome

But when I configure the connection, I have the following error :

"ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device"

So I found a bypass which consists to execute the following commands :

Code: Select all

mkdir /dev/net
mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200
chmod 0666 /dev/net/tun
After that, I can connect to the VPN but after a restart of LinuxStation, I have to do the same manipulation...

Does anyone have an idea to make my modification persistent or, better, tell me what is missing to make it work without that?

Thx

--------------------
Edit :

I've finally found a solution. It consists to put the previous command line in the autodev.sh located in share/CE_CACHEDEVxxx_DATA/.qpkg/ubuntu-hd/lxc/ubuntu_1604/autodev.sh.
Now the node is created also after a reboot of the linux station.
pedsteruk
Starting out

Re: [Linux Station]OpenVPN /dev/net/tun

Post by pedsteruk »

I appreciate this is an old post but after lots of searching and support emails this post is fixed my issue when I run the commands manually.

I have added them to the script as mentioned in your update however after a reboot it's not working. I'm running 16.04 so if you are anyone can advise if I need to do something additional to get the commands to run at start up I would very much appreciate it.

Return to “Official Apps”