OceanKTV 2.0.8.43

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
andersenq
New here

Re: OceanKTV 2.0.8.43

Post by andersenq »

sdhedrick wrote:Here's the problem with migrating for me. It would probably work great IF I had added the song information into your v1 database. I never did that! I only ever used the "By Folder" feature to browse for the files directly (I had them all well organized into a large folder structure that I could easily navigate to and used my own database to track them)! And then I also used the favorites.

So there wasn't anything to "migrate" apparently. But the V1 client's "By Folder" no longer works after updating the server to v2. So I have no way of getting to my music now without re-importing everything and then still the v1 client on the ipad won't work.

So until you release the new ios/android clients I will have to try and roll back.
@Scott,

Understood, although OceanV2 did not support the "by folder" feature so far, we still do migrate those songs which exists in your v1 songbooks, unfortunately, we found issues that v2.0.8 migration will bypass this case, we'll fix it in next release.

Per your requirement, could you provide part of your "folder structure " and your "own database" to us to know more about this scenario, we shall be able to support it in current or future release.

If you have time, kindly please leave a message(with screenshots) to our facebook fanpage https://www.facebook.com/oceanktv/ , we can discuss further there.
sdhedrick wrote:Two questions:
1. When do you expect the v2 clients to be available?

2. To manually install via those qpkg files, which one do I need? You gave me two for 4.3.x (I have QTS 4.3.3.0262):
OceanKTVConsole_1.430.4_x86_64_20170313-0934.qpkg
OceanKTVConsole_1.430.4_x86_64_omx_20170313-0935.qpkg

Which do I install? Both? If both, then in what order? Does it matter?

Thanks guys for all of your assistance! Truly appreciated!
Scott
@Scott,

1. The mobile apps are under testing, we'll try to make it around end of Sep.
2. I've update the folder structure to improve the understanding, you just need to choose which QTS(4.2 or 4.3) and CPU(INTEL or AMD) that your NAS belong to.

steps:
1. manually install the v1 qpkg.
2. may need to clear browser cache once when access the v1 web app.

Feel free to let me know if issues still there.

Andersen.
andersenq
New here

Post by andersenq »

CEL2008 wrote:
andersenq wrote: 2. may need to clear browser cache once when access the v1 web app..
Thanks for the support Andersen. It is greatly appreciated :)
You are correct about clearing the browser cache. I did have to do that to get the web UI working again.
Happy everything is working again once more.
@Chris, happy to know that, we understand v2 is a big change, our goal is let users can switch versions smoothly because we may not able to cover all scenarios during product design, thanks for your update and understanding.

Andersen.
sdhedrick
New here

Post by sdhedrick »

I will download and rollback tonight when I get home from work and update here how it went.

Thanks for all the help folks!

Scott
sdhedrick
New here

Post by sdhedrick »

All back to normal! Removed v2, installed v1 and everything is as it was before (including favorites).

Thanks a ton for the help!

I like the direction you're going btw (because I have to have my own database to find songs because I don't want to fill in the information manually for each song into your system)... but PLEASE consider keeping the ability in place to simply browse the folder structure too. And yeah all the things Chris mentioned.

Anyway, thanks again!

Oh and I see your question above:
"Per your requirement, could you provide part of your "folder structure " and your "own database" to us to know more about this scenario"...

Well, the database is my own creation. It's a web application (PHP) and underlying MySQL database that I created from scratch. It has a simple/yet clunky admin interface and a viewer. The viewer you can see here (if you care): http://scotthedrick.org/musiclibviewer/

As you can see from that, the "Location on HD" is basically the path I use when finding songs using your iOS application and selecting to browse "By Folder"... I can then go into "OceanKTV" share and quickly get to the song from that "Location on HD".

Anyway I chose to do it this way instead of clicking on each song in your software and typing in the information for 2000+ songs. It would have taken a much longer time to populate.

I would LOVE to be able to no longer worry about my own database and song searching tools... I like your Import tool so far for v2 but like Chris says it has some issues. I tried it out for a couple of my "folders" and it works pretty good... my videos are named like this: <artist> - <title>.mp4 for the most part so it was easy to go folder by folder and import into your v2 database. After I import a folder, I could then multiple select the ones I just imported and tag things like "Genre" and "language" all at once. I like the direction you're going.
andersenq
New here

Post by andersenq »

@scott

Happy to know all are working.

After viewing your own database, I believe we can support this in the future release as we are working on the "batch import" feature. :DD
I need more time to dig the issues which Chris met, I will get back to him soon.

Scott, I appreciate your feedback during this event, OceanKTV will getting better with you guys' support.

Andersen.
andersenq
New here

Post by andersenq »

@sdhedrick @CEL2008

FYI, feel free to try it and let us know your thoughts.
OceanKTV v2.0.10 was released.

[Feature]
- Autoplay on/off.
- Video calibration.
- Manual v1 db migration.

[Enhancement]
- Song sorting get more friendly.
- Web search in singing mode.

[Fix]
- some v1's songbooks cannot migration to v2's playlist.
- some songs in v1's songbook cannot migrate to v2's playlist, if that songs did not have singer info.
- cannot store KTV database when meet special volumn spec.
- Import: Cannot click "next" when user select the 'default' value in metadata config.
- Import: Cannot select sub folders when folder name contains special chars.

[Known Issues]
- Request songs by folder is not supported yet.
- OceanV2 Mobile apps is not released yet.
Ezoxu
First post

Post by Ezoxu »

So i've finally tried to set it up, and no dice.
Old version - works okay. New one - latest, 2.0.10, displays "The system is busy now. Try again later".
And nothing helps.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
andersenq
New here

Post by andersenq »

Ezoxu wrote:So i've finally tried to set it up, and no dice.
Old version - works okay. New one - latest, 2.0.10, displays "The system is busy now. Try again later".
And nothing helps.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
@Ezoxu I just saw this message, can you give more detail info? e.g. the steps to reproduce this issue, with screenshots will be helpful.
TsyMiroro
New here

Post by TsyMiroro »

Hi

New QNap user
Buy a TS-453A because the availability of OceanKTV, but can not use it painless.
A browser (in laptop) to pick vedeo from Youtube.
+ smartphone for remote controm

* The missing feature "by folder" can make OceanKTV easy to use for non-geek user, simply get the file and it's OK (I see it in the webpage).
* To choice a video easily from Youtube directly from smartphone
These features in the mobile app are wanted

And have a way to use micro without OceanKTV can help.

Thanks

Return to “Official Apps”