Qsync - Manage Paired Folders

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
aatech
First post

Qsync - Manage Paired Folders

Post by aatech »

I thought I was a pretty smart guy ... until I started trying to configure QSync outside the default installation.

Qsync is installed on the Qnap - with Qsync client running on Windows 10

I get that I can drag and drop files to the qsync folder on the client - but if I want to sync say 100 gig of data from various
folders I have to manually drag and drop every time - and then I'll end up with twice the amount of data on the client because its duplicated (yes I
know I can set it up so that I can then delete it - but that would be stupid)

I'm trying to get real time synchronisation from client to qnap using the existing client folders.

So I go into "view and manage paired folders" in the client software so I can map a local folder to a Qnap folder - which is fine,
except that it doesn't show anything in the "homes" folders which is where all my user's home folders are stored.

I open Qsync central on the Qnap and it shows the "homes" folder status as disabled. I've added read/write permissions but
no homes folders are showing up on the Qsync client so I can't add any folder pairs to these locations.

I'm about to give Qsync away. Any suggestions?
rprice54
New here

Re: Qsync - Manage Paired Folders

Post by rprice54 »

I'm not an expert but it seems like qsync will only sync with root folders and not subfolders. I had to create several folders on the NAS to sync with the respective folders on my computer.

So using file station I created shared folders and then qsync can see them. Does that answer your question?

Return to “Official Apps”