QNAP QVPN App - Lose Connection locally when installed

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
shackrock
Starting out

QNAP QVPN App - Lose Connection locally when installed

Post by shackrock »

Posted this in the wrong sub earlier, can't figure out how to move it... but:

QVPN service 1.1.158
QNAP 4.3.4.0435

I updated to the latest QNAP 4.3.4 on my TS-451 today. I decided I wanted to try the QVPN server a try (openVPN). As soon as I install the QVPN app from the appstore, I lose local connection to my nas, and can also no longer ping it. My yellow/orange light on the front of the NAS network indicator is still blinking or solid.

If I hold power at the NAS, and shut down, it will come back and I'll have access - as long as I'm pretty quick. If I wait too long, I lose access again. Just a few minutes.

Last time, I was able to uninstall the QVPN service quickly and I retained access for hours. I then tried again to install QVPN service, immediately I lose connectivity even before it finishes the installation!

I have a feeling there is some REALLY old config files in my QNAP somewhere, and once the VPN service is installed and started, the system freaks out. Is there a way I can try to clear out all the old ** and get this thing working?

I will add, sometimes when I open the QVPN service, I get this: https://i.imgur.com/PQXhslx.png

Thank you for any help you can provide!
shackrock
Starting out

Re: QNAP QVPN App - Lose Connection locally when installed

Post by shackrock »

I reformatted the entire system and this was fixed.

To be clear, not the Hard drives, my data was fine, just the OS. Then I reloaded each drive and it rebuilt all the data back.

Return to “Official Apps”