[QMAILAGENT]How to move Qmail fold to new location

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
ken8848
New here

[QMAILAGENT]How to move Qmail fold to new location

Post by ken8848 »

I have qmailagent default install on system volume, now volume run out room, I can add addition location to a new shared folder, but I rather than move the email account to new location completely, if there is a way can transfer old folders to new location?

Thanks
Ihaan
New here

Re: [QMAILAGENT]How to move Qmail fold to new location

Post by Ihaan »

I have attempted to do this from one NAS to another but cannot get the new instance of qmailagent on the new NAS to allow the storage location to be the folder that I copied.
I copied the qmailagent folder data store from the old NAS to the new NAS's qmail agent folder which is created when qmailagent in installed
(OLD NAS: DataVol1/qmailagent/QmailAgent_Admin_email@domain.com --> NEW NAS: DataVol1/qmailagent/ )
When I try to configure the same IMAP account on the new NAS I am not able to point the storage location to the copied data store. I get an alert stating that "This is the QmailAgent system folder, please choose another path"
I have also tried copying the QmailAgent_Admin_email@domain.com folder to another location outside of the qmailagent folder (eg. /NewMailStore/QmailAgent_Admin_email@domain.com) but get the same alert
It would appear that any folder name that starts with 'qmailagent...' is recognised as a system folder.
The main reason this app was installed was the ability to backup email data from a small quota IMAP mailbox. As much of that data is now backed up in qmailagent on the old NAS it has been deleted form the IMAP server so the backup data is required.
Alternatively can 'old' data be imported or easily copied to the data store on a newly configured instance of qmailagent?
Is there a solution to migrating qmailagent data?
Any help from the qmailagent app developers would be welcome.
Thanks
uncleatt
First post

Post by uncleatt »

up
sjool01
New here

Post by sjool01 »

I have similar issue, need to move qmailagent mails and database to new location. according to support there is no recovery/import option in qmailagent. Any ideas?
herrcafe
Starting out

Post by herrcafe »

Any solution to this yet? It would be nice to move these messages to a volume that's snapshotted.
--
QNAP 453mini 16GB RAM RAID5 4 x 6TB HGST HUS726060ALA640
QNAP UX-500P Expansion Unit RAID5 5 x 4TB HGST HUS724040ALA640
herrcafe
Starting out

Post by herrcafe »

For those looking into this, you can change the folder location by clicking on the account icon and then "storage location settings." See details here

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... -qnap-nas/

Check the instruction on the second third of the page.
--
QNAP 453mini 16GB RAM RAID5 4 x 6TB HGST HUS726060ALA640
QNAP UX-500P Expansion Unit RAID5 5 x 4TB HGST HUS724040ALA640

Return to “Official Apps”