Qrm+ login

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
Internetworks
First post

Qrm+ login

Post by Internetworks »

I just installed qrm+ on ts453a and can’t get logged in. I am using the admin username and password that I normally use??? It tells me you are not a qrm+ user. Is there a database I need to update or am I missing something else? I see nothing running in the container station either
dusty_nz
New here

Re: Qrm+ login

Post by dusty_nz »

I have the same issue. Found a comment saying admin and admin but that doesn't work either.

Help
dusty_nz
New here

Post by dusty_nz »

Doh, My Qnap pw just worked, Might need some time to startup.
netzwerker
New here

Post by netzwerker »

Same Problem here!
Techthusiast
Starting out

Re: QRM+ login

Post by Techthusiast »

Hello all,

My understanding is that in order to log-in to QRM+ for the first time, the QRM+ application requires that you use QTS' default "admin" administrator account.

After you have successfully logged-in as QTS' default "admin" administrator, you will have the ability to grant access to other QTS administrators and users.

Summary Tutorial for QRM+ v1.0.306 Build 20190522 (QTS v4.4.3.1421 Build 20200907)
  1. Go to QTS "App Center" and install QRM+
  2. Open QRM+ and log-in using QTS' default "admin" administrator account
  3. Navigate to: Settings > User Management > Add User
    (the "Add User" icon is located in the upper-right corner: a plus-sign with circle around it)
  4. Select a QTS administrator or user (to whom you would like to grant access) from the list;
    then assign the "User Type" from the drop-down menu
    (the selected person will be either a QRM+ "Admin" or a QRM+ "Power User".)
  5. Click Add User (to QRM+).
    This step is where the "admin" administrator grants access to other administrators and/or users.
  6. Log-out of QRM+
  7. Re-log-in to QRM+ using the administrator or user to whom you granted access.

Best regards,
Techthusiast
dottgiacomo
New here

Re: QRM+ login

Post by dottgiacomo »

nice answer, but how you enter in first login?
Qnap is a disaster in support.
Techthusiast wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:21 pm Hello all,

My understanding is that in order to log-in to QRM+ for the first time, the QRM+ application requires that you use QTS' default "admin" administrator account.

After you have successfully logged-in as QTS' default "admin" administrator, you will have the ability to grant access to other QTS administrators and users.

Summary Tutorial for QRM+ v1.0.306 Build 20190522 (QTS v4.4.3.1421 Build 20200907)
  1. Go to QTS "App Center" and install QRM+
  2. Open QRM+ and log-in using QTS' default "admin" administrator account
  3. Navigate to: Settings > User Management > Add User
    (the "Add User" icon is located in the upper-right corner: a plus-sign with circle around it)
  4. Select a QTS administrator or user (to whom you would like to grant access) from the list;
    then assign the "User Type" from the drop-down menu
    (the selected person will be either a QRM+ "Admin" or a QRM+ "Power User".)
  5. Click Add User (to QRM+).
    This step is where the "admin" administrator grants access to other administrators and/or users.
  6. Log-out of QRM+
  7. Re-log-in to QRM+ using the administrator or user to whom you granted access.

Best regards,
Techthusiast
dottgiacomo
New here

Post by dottgiacomo »

how can I login?
I try user admin , administrator etc etc
with default password, Macaddress without :, acctual password of admin..... HOW HOW work?
Techthusiast
Starting out

Post by Techthusiast »

Hello dottgiacomo,
Welcome to the forum. The details mentioned above are dated from September-2020 and were written for QRM+ v1.0.306 Build 20190522 (running on QTS v4.4.3.1421 Build 20200907).

Could you please advise:
  • What NAS/system are you using (hardware model number)?
  • What firmware type (QTS or QuTS Hero ?) and what version are you running?
  • What version of QRM+ are you running?
I would like to please suggest to also include screenshot(s) of the issue and more details if possible regarding the specific steps you have taken and how/where the problem occurs so that the Community can better understand your concern and (hopefully) help you to resolve it.

Best regards,
Techthusiast
Garkannen
First post

Post by Garkannen »

Hello,
is it possible to add a domain user to the list of QRM+ users, and, if so, how ?
Best regards
sjtsnix
Starting out

Post by sjtsnix »

OK, I was able to log in as my default admin account (that I never use), and add the Admin Account I created to use.

I did a scan, all was well.

Added host that were found via Device Discovery.

Installed the QRM+ Agent on a Windows 10 desktop, and upon launching, I was prompted for username password. I used a domain user:

domain/user
and it's password.

then I get to this:
qrm+ login issue.png
I don't have a phone number setup anywhere for my domain account, where do I get this security code from?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Techthusiast
Starting out

Post by Techthusiast »

Hello sjtsnix,

I would like to please suggest: check the (QTS or QuTS Hero) Firmware settings for 2-Step Verification. I suspect the "2-Step Verification" pop-up that you received from the QRMAgentService Setup application is being generated by the NAS' two-factor authentication settings that are assigned on a per-User basis.

Here are a couple links that might be of assistance:
  1. QNAP Knowledge Base article: Setting up the 2-step verification to login in NAS
  2. YouTube video from NASCompares.com: How to Enable 2 Step Verification on your QNAP NAS

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Techthusiast
kidziti
First post

Post by kidziti »

I know this thread is a bit dated, but I ran into the same issue and wanted to share what worked for me. Even with the original admin account activated, using the MAC Address as the password did not help. It turns out that I had likely changed the admin password a long time ago. The fix was a hard reset through the pinhole reset on the back of the NAS. The reset only resets the admin password and network configuration; it does not touch other user accounts or permissions. If you have configured the network settings (or are not sure), go to Control Panel -> Network & File Services -> Network & Virtual Switch -> Network -> Interfaces -> [three-dot menu] -> Configure. In my case, I put my NAS on a static IP address. If so, change it to DHCP and jot down the IP address it gives you, since that is where you'll find the QTS interface once you reboot. Then, do the 3-second pinhole reset (hold until it beeps), wait for the reboot (about 7 minutes on older NASes), log into QTS with username "admin" and the MAC Address password (no dashes and capitalized letters), and the admin will now work in QRM+ with whatever password you changed it (the first QTS login after the pin reset will prompt you to change it from the MAC Address default). Once in QRM+, add whatever user you want to access it and set its privileges to administrative (not power user). Go back and reconfigure the Network if that applies and disable the "admin" user account, as the user you added from the QRM+ settings is now fully activated and in control. Looks like a lot here, but step-by-step, it's really pretty simple.

Return to “Official Apps”