QmailAgent - Migrating from one NAS to another

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
Guapo81
Know my way around

QmailAgent - Migrating from one NAS to another

Post by Guapo81 »

Hi all,

I'm in the process of migrating my NAS setup from my TVS-682 to my new TS-h886. So far so good.
One of the last things I'm trying to achieve is to migrate my configured email accounts from qmailagent on the old nas to the new one.

Since there is a QmailAgent share on the NAS where mail and attachments are stored, I thought this would be quite straight forward, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I installed Qmailagent on the new NAS, this creates the same QmailAgent share.
I configured my gmail account on the new NAS, this creates the exact same folder in the QmailAgent share, with the same subfolders (Mail and Attachments)

After this i stopped qmail agent on both machines and moved all the files from the old qmailagent folder to the corresponding one on the new NAS.
After this I started QmailAgent again and thought that qmailagent would see the new files in these folders, but this does't seem to be the case.

Does anybody now how to achieve this? That maybe Qmailagent indexes these folders again, or do I need to move a DB file also to the new location or something?
Any help is appreciated.
QNAP TS-h886-64G 2x Samsung 970PRO NVMe SSD (RAID1, System), 2x Samsung 860 PRO SSD (RAID1, VM) 4x Seagate EXOS X16 16TB (RAID5, Data) - FW: QuTS-hero
QNAP TVS-682-i3-32G 4x HGST HUH728060ALN600 (RAID5, Backup) - FW: QTS
QNAP TVS-463 4x Seagate ST2000VN000 (RAID5, Surveillance, Backup) - FW: QTS
Former units: TS-469Pro, TS-459ProII, TS-269Pro, Qgenie
Guapo81
Know my way around

Re: QmailAgent - Migrating from one NAS to another

Post by Guapo81 »

Nice to see that they've picked up on this one... behind a paid premium package that is...

Try QmailAgent Secondary Backup Now!
The premium QmailAgent license (Free trial available!) supports email and account secondary backup, including the ability to back up email from one account to another.

Lite
Synchronize emails
Backup and restore emails and attachments
Free

Premium
Synchronize emails
Backup and restore emails and attachments
Use QmailAgent for secondary backup and restore email accounts, account configurations, and emails
Backup emails to another email account.
Free Trial Now!
QNAP TS-h886-64G 2x Samsung 970PRO NVMe SSD (RAID1, System), 2x Samsung 860 PRO SSD (RAID1, VM) 4x Seagate EXOS X16 16TB (RAID5, Data) - FW: QuTS-hero
QNAP TVS-682-i3-32G 4x HGST HUH728060ALN600 (RAID5, Backup) - FW: QTS
QNAP TVS-463 4x Seagate ST2000VN000 (RAID5, Surveillance, Backup) - FW: QTS
Former units: TS-469Pro, TS-459ProII, TS-269Pro, Qgenie
hanenm
Starting out

Re: QmailAgent - Migrating from one NAS to another

Post by hanenm »

Is there no way to migrate Qmail without additional software?

If not: Is there a way to transfer the content to MailStore - Software?
I was using Mailstore, before I startet to use QNAP - and now I want to transfer everything to MailStore.

Return to “Official Apps”