App updates and where is QuFirewall?

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
Michhes
New here

App updates and where is QuFirewall?

Post by Michhes »

I'm running an older TS-869L with the latest firmware (4.3.4.1642). Wondering if anyone can help with the following questions:

1. AppCenter does not offer me the ability to manually update my instaled apps, as per other update instructions I've seen. Shouldn't there be an update button somewhere on this screen?

2. Searching for QuFirewall or QFirewall or firewall in the AppCenter search bar returns no results. Can I install QuFirewall on this NAS?
Update: looks like I need QTS 4.5.1... assuming I can't run that on this NAS? https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... qufirewall

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
P3R
Guru

Re: App updates and where is QuFirewall?

Post by P3R »

Michhes wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:12 am Update: looks like I need QTS 4.5.1... assuming I can't run that on this NAS?
Correct, your unit is too old for that QTS version.

But it's dangerous enough to expose even an updated QTS on the internet as have once again recently been shown with the Qlocker disaster. To expose an old unsupported QTS on the internet is madness so I strongly recommend that you don't do that and then you don't really need QuFirewall anyway.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Michhes
New here

Re: App updates and where is QuFirewall?

Post by Michhes »

Have come to realise QNAP != internet!!! I think I'm completely off the internet now but was hoping to keep 443 running for MyQNAPCloud and being able to address the NAS through the myqnapcloud.com address (i.e. without a certificate warning from the browser) but yer, would rather keep my data safe! Will have to find another way to sort the cert warning

Return to “Official Apps”