Browser Station: Need alternative or way to keep history

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
jenkyz
First post

Browser Station: Need alternative or way to keep history

Post by jenkyz »

Hi,

FTP here, sorry it posting in the wrong section. If so, I will create it in the correct area.
I have a problem where I create an instance within browser station, and it randomly closes. I get nothing in the logs, and I completely lose everything within in.
I use it to access sites from my NAS, instead of my PC, as its protected behind a VPN.
That said, if it keeps making my browser crash, I will need to find an alternative, or find a way that it doesn't complete close; like an idle state or something.

I tried looking up a Chrome/Opera app, but they only work via HD Station, which I don't use, as I connect via browser.
I will take ANY advice at this point, as this is beyond infuriating, especially because I used to have and instance of Browser Station open for weeks at a time, and now it closes within 20 hours.

NAS Info:
QT-251+
Version 4.5.3.1670
georgi69
New here

Re: Browser Station: Need alternative or way to keep history

Post by georgi69 »

Aloha, did you find a solution? Perhaps you could try ubuntu linux station and run browser there.
(BTW how much RAM do you have? Ubuntu could be a challenge in case of 2GB model but even that one is extendable.)

Return to “Official Apps”