Proxy Server App - Blacklist fails to update

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
Sa9aX
Getting the hang of things

Proxy Server App - Blacklist fails to update

Post by Sa9aX »

Hi

As anyone used "Proxy Server" app? I can't download the latest Blacklist in "Update Blacklist", it searches for minutes and then I get a "Ajax request error" popup message. I remember I used last year the Blacklist list worked it gave a list of sites and links.
1080BenS
New here

Re: Proxy Server App - Blacklist fails to update

Post by 1080BenS »

Same Problem here. Iˋm using the Blacklist on another qnap proxy and its working fine. wanted to install it on a second qnap under the same IP home net. proxy app stops working and the only chance is to restart the entire proxy app. after this, blcklist ist still not activated/installed.

Is there a MAC Adress/Ip Block onn the download mirror because of licensing issues?

Help ist really apppreciated!

Thanks!
Sa9aX

Post by Sa9aX »

I don't know I have only 1 QNAP device I tried to re-install Proxy App I still get same problem, blacklist doesn't update. I contacted support I waiting for an answer.
1080BenS
New here

Post by 1080BenS »

hi Sa9aX,
the qnap support said, that the proxy server is not supported anymore. and thats why its not working anymore. so the downloadable app probably just remained in the store for no reason. it seems there is a solution using squid 5.1 as a docker in containerstation. I tried that,but that didnt worked either. (file type not supported)
..just to let you know
Sa9aX

Post by Sa9aX »

I got a message from QNAP Technical support they told me they going to report the issue to DEV team, message was received on 11/09 after that I didn't get any other messages.
1080BenS
New here

Post by 1080BenS »

It seems that our support misunderstood the Information they got from me. i tried to clarify and actually waiting for response. The App is still in the Web App Center and in the Server App Center. So it seems it is still supported.
Answers from Support came Sep. 15, tried to clarify today Sep.16
Sa9aX

Post by Sa9aX »

Today 16th my QNAP device detected a firmware update 4.5.4.1787 build 20210910, I checked on QNAP Download Center it was published on 2021-09-14, not sure why it didn't detected earlier.
Anyway, could it be what DEV & technical support are waiting for so they can now fix the bug. I still waiting for an answer from them.

Return to “Official Apps”