Mirror from QNAP to OneDrive

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
sjwestra
Starting out

Mirror from QNAP to OneDrive

Postby sjwestra » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:00 am

Hello,

I installed Cloud Drive Sync on my QNAP in order to backup to OneDrive.

However, this appears to be a 2-way sync tool while I would like to mirror from my QNAP to OneDrive. OneDrive should be my backup and OneDrive should never delete files from my QNAP!!!

Does anyone know if mirroring tools are available in order to mirror from my QNAP to OneDrive?

Thanks in advance,

SJW

OneCD
Experience counts

Re: Mirror from QNAP to OneDrive

Postby OneCD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:15 am

sjwestra wrote:Does anyone know if mirroring tools are available in order to mirror from my QNAP to OneDrive?

Sounds like you need the Hybrid Backup Sync app. It can perform one-way transfers (backups).

But please note: I think it's still in 'beta' status and may not be stable enough for production use. So, use at your own risk. ;)
2017-07-15 - I've left this forum. I'm switching to a pure Debian environment for both my NAS. As a result, I'll no longer be able to use or support QNAP's firmware. This means no more QPKGs, closed-source software, "Malware Removers", etc ... so, I'm looking forward to it. ;)

To contact me, send a mail to one.cd.only@gmail.com. I'll still be a contributor on various other software-related forums so I might see you there.

Thank you to all community members who have participated in the many discussions - and to the regulars I saw here everyday (your advice has taught me a lot). I have also learned a great deal by assisting others, and hope many more members will do the same. :D

sjwestra
Starting out

Postby sjwestra » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 am

Hi OneCD,

Thanks a lot, I will have a view...while waiting for a supported tool :-)

Best regards,

SJW

Redmes
New here

Postby Redmes » Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 pm

SJW - did this work for you?

sjwestra
Starting out

Postby sjwestra » Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Redmes,

No, Cloud Drive Sync is a two-way sync tool, mirroring is not possible.

I reached my objective in a 2-step-approch though:
Mirror NAS1 -> NAS2;
Sync NAS2 <-> Cloud

That way NAS1 stays in the lead, eg if a file will be deleted in the cloud, it will be deleted from NAS2. Next day it will be copied back from NAS1 to NAS2 (and the Cloud).

Best regards,

SJW

Return to “Backup & Restore”