Hybrid Backup Sync Smart versioning

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
it@saal.ai
New here

Hybrid Backup Sync Smart versioning

Post by it@saal.ai »

Hi Team

We have two Qnap NAS i.e. one for production and the other as backup. We are using the Hybrid Backup Sync to backup the data from prod to backup NAS using smart versioning option.

We have the below configuration for backup job.

Configured daily backup schedule at 6pm UAE time. We are using smart versioning with daily-14, weekly-2 & monthly-1. The size of the actual data we are backing up is 386GB. When we check the size of daily backed up data on backup NAS. The size of each daily version shows as 386GB.

Our query is whether daily, Weekly and monthly versions are always full backup or 1st is full followed by forever incremental.

If it is full followed by incremental then why all daily version size is same on backup NAS i.e. 386GB but the volume used capacity where we store these versions is very less approx. 1TB which does not make sense.

Please help!
it@saal.ai
New here

Re: Hybrid Backup Sync Smart versioning

Post by it@saal.ai »

Hi Team

I also tried to reach QNAP support but it very difficult to reach them and the engineer is not responding.

Can someone help....
it@saal.ai
New here

Post by it@saal.ai »

@ P3R - Can you advice on this post. We have implemented this solution at our customer side and now stuck in understanding the version concept.

We have done below analysis based on which I feel that all dauly versions are full backup but it contradicts with the volume used space which is less.
The size of source data - 229MB.
The size of latest daily backup folder in backup NAS is 228.5
The size of previous daily version dated 11 april 2021 is 228MB

Please need urgent help, we are not getting any response from QNAP support as well on this query.
it@saal.ai
New here

Post by it@saal.ai »

Nobody knows the functionality of this product. Worst experience.
leyeti
Getting the hang of things

Post by leyeti »

Same bad experience with FTP Backup . Poor design, while Filezilla provide so many possibilities. Why they don't works with FileZilla dev ?
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248

Return to “Backup & Restore”