Is HBS my best mirroring option to OneDrive?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
marklyn
Getting the hang of things

Is HBS my best mirroring option to OneDrive?

Post by marklyn »

I had two jobs in HBS set up to mirror two large folders to my OneDrive account.
They have been working fine for months but lately have failed each time because each job is running over 6 hours. The job is only mirroring about 600 mb of new data, so it should be no big deal.
As a test, I set up a mirror backup with another product on my Windows 10 machine (SyncBackPro) and it worked fine and mirrored one folder with 3.5 gb in about 2.5 hours.
I have made no changes to my two HBS mirror jobs in months yet both are failing daily due to excessive time for the mirror.
I want to say this probably started around the time my HBS was updated due to the QLOCKER incident in which QNAP updated HBS.
I don't want to transition my mirror backups to my SyncBackPro on my Windows machine because it's never on/running at the time I'd do a middle of the night job like this.
Can anyone offer any speculation on what may be happening?
It's been awhile since I considered any other QNAP backup/mirror options. Is there a better QNAP mirror/backup solution perhaps?
TS453Pro, Network: Single port, 8Gb RAM
PC OS: WIndows 10 home
4 TB ST4000VX007 X2 (RAID1) Volume 1
4 TB ST4000VX007 X1 (JBOD) Volume 2
6 TB ST6000VX007 X1 (JBOD) Volume 3
KathrynEJ
Starting out

Re: Is HBS my best mirroring option to OneDrive?

Post by KathrynEJ »

I have had a similar problem (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=161446&p=790888&hilit=onedrive#p790888) but QNAP is pointing the figure at OneSrive and saying it is unstable lately. I'm not sure who to believe.
marklyn
Getting the hang of things

Re: Is HBS my best mirroring option to OneDrive?

Post by marklyn »

I've bought SyncBackPro and it's been working flawlessly with OneDrive. Only issue is it needs a computer on when it runs but I have a weather computer that stays on 24/7 so problem resolved.
TS453Pro, Network: Single port, 8Gb RAM
PC OS: WIndows 10 home
4 TB ST4000VX007 X2 (RAID1) Volume 1
4 TB ST4000VX007 X1 (JBOD) Volume 2
6 TB ST6000VX007 X1 (JBOD) Volume 3

Return to “Backup & Restore”