HBS3 & OneDrive cloud service error

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
FiveHorse
New here

Re: HBS3 & OneDrive cloud service error

Post by FiveHorse »

updated to new version of HBS today and my Ondrive backup sync jobs are working again.
Paul&Joanne
New here

Post by Paul&Joanne »

No update for me yet.

Other cloud accounts I have set up as sync jobs (Google Drive, DropBox etc..) are still all working fine.
Even though HBS3 wont sync with OneDrive, I can use Hybrid Mount to set up OneDrive in File Station and that works fine.
QNAP HS251
wlaarhov
New here

Post by wlaarhov »

The NAS did not "see" the new version, but from the QNAP App Center I could download and manually upgrade to v17.1.0719.
First tests look fine.
paolomarino
Easy as a breeze

Post by paolomarino »

wlaarhov wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 am The NAS did not "see" the new version, but from the QNAP App Center I could download and manually upgrade to v17.1.0719.
First tests look fine.
do you think that if i download v17.1.0719 and try to install on my old 870 pro with 4.3.6 may i have some problem?
Happy Qnap TS-509 Ultra (Intel E7500 + 2GB RAM + 20TB WD RED) Owner :)
Happy Qnap TS-870 Ultra (Intel I7-3770T + 16GB RAM + 64TB WD RED) Owner :)
rsafaryan
New here

Post by rsafaryan »

That is what I received today re: older models
Sorry for the incorrect information in the last mail.HBS 3 will not have enhancement and bug fixes on End-of-life NAS models.
The updates of Hybrid backup sync only covers the security updates. this means there will be no HBS future version that covers the one drive issue.
oda_kyo
New here

Post by oda_kyo »

I found the update a few days ago, and newer HBS3 works good.
EvilShrike
Starting out

Post by EvilShrike »

rsafaryan wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm That is what I received today re: older models
Sorry for the incorrect information in the last mail.HBS 3 will not have enhancement and bug fixes on End-of-life NAS models.
The updates of Hybrid backup sync only covers the security updates. this means there will be no HBS future version that covers the one drive issue.
Wow, for for everyone like me on "old models" (I'm on TS-251C with QTS 4.3.6) HBS won't ever work with OneDrive anymore at all. Nice move, QNAP. I have a subscription for OneDrive w/ 1TB and all my files there. And this makes my QNAP just useless. Never buy this ** again.
GSC20
New here

Post by GSC20 »

What about "green it"?
So I should give my 3 QNAP-NAS to trash and buy new ones just to use a newer version of this little piece of change?

OK, I sell them, build a pc from old components to build my own NAS with a open source software that should last longer and is cheaper than buy qnap stuff all 3-4 years...

I have no problem to pay for a software update for older engines and I am shure a lot of people would - why they don´t offer such a solution?
paolomarino
Easy as a breeze

Post by paolomarino »

EvilShrike wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:18 pm
rsafaryan wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm That is what I received today re: older models
Wow, for for everyone like me on "old models" (I'm on TS-251C with QTS 4.3.6) HBS won't ever work with OneDrive anymore at all. Nice move, QNAP. I have a subscription for OneDrive w/ 1TB and all my files there. And this makes my QNAP just useless. Never buy this ** again.
it's unbelievable. I've several "old models" Nas from Qnap. My next Nas will not be a Qnap.
Happy Qnap TS-509 Ultra (Intel E7500 + 2GB RAM + 20TB WD RED) Owner :)
Happy Qnap TS-870 Ultra (Intel I7-3770T + 16GB RAM + 64TB WD RED) Owner :)
topsy
New here

Post by topsy »

I'm on beta program (QTS 5.0.0) with 431P model and can't find latest version of HBS3. Hopefully they will release it also on that version/model as soon as possible.
Very frustrating that I cannot use cloud backups anymore, since it's the most critical feature of anything!
FluckigD
First post

Post by FluckigD »

Manually download the HBS from QNAP and install it manually --> Link https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... ckup-sync

That solve the problem for me :)
EvilShrike
Starting out

Post by EvilShrike »

FluckigD wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 pm Manually download the HBS from QNAP and install it manually --> Link https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... ckup-sync

Hi FluckigD , the link leads to HBS's how-to page (it's just docs), could you clarify where to download it?
jamieburchell
Know my way around

Post by jamieburchell »

paolomarino wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:42 am
EvilShrike wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:18 pm
it's unbelievable. I've several "old models" Nas from Qnap. My next Nas will not be a Qnap.
I got this from QNAP support when I asked about an updated version of HBS3 for QTS 4.3.x
Hi Jamie,
As that firmware is no longer supported, updates can take longer to come out.
So I really have to buy a whole new NAS? It's 4 years old, do I have to buy one every 4 years?

Cloud Drive Sync is still available for my NAS luckily, it might be available for yours too (https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/app_center/? ... sion=4.3.6). This is working with OneDrive but you can only setup a 2 way sync.
TS-431P3 | QTS 5 | 4 x 4TB ST4000VN008 HDD | RAID5 | APC Back UPS ES 550G
topsy
New here

Post by topsy »

FluckigD wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:05 pm Manually download the HBS from QNAP and install it manually --> Link https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... ckup-sync

It worked, thanks!

- Go to (ARM build, working at least with my 431P + QTS Beta 5.0.0): https://www.qnap.com/en/app_center/?os= ... ync&II=259
- Select "HBS 3 Hybrid Backup Sync"
- Press download

-> Go to QNAP & install manually
iikwmhgla
First post

Post by iikwmhgla »

Sorry, the latest HBS version isn't working for me.

Now when adding a new OneDrive account, after logging in to the Microsoft popup window, HBS just says "Loading" and never completes.

Return to “Backup & Restore”