NetBak Replicator cannot connect

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
nirbp
Starting out

Re: NetBak Replicator cannot connect

Post by nirbp »

Resolved!!! by QNAP support\helpdesk -thumbs up-

The resolution was to reset the smb.conf and he(the helpdesk tech) done it with putty.
Below you can find the command to reset smb.conf :

[/etc/config] # cp /etc/default_config/smb.conf ./
[/etc/config] # /etc/init.d/smb.sh restart

Now for the cons:
1. It took too much time for QNAP helpdesk to response to my ticket(4 days) and took another few days to decide to take control over my desktop and 5 min to fix the issue. overall a week. The technician that solved my issue was great, very professional.

2. This forum was not helpful at all, I got a very late response and it was after writing something "bad" about the forum. the response I received was about blaming me for not knowing how to "play" the game in this forum, sorry for being new user here.
I do not blame anyone specific, maybe most of the time it is a good place to ask for advices but not from my experience.
redneck4Christ
First post

Post by redneck4Christ »

Thanks for posting this follow up. I'm not sure how to use the information you provided so I will have to get on the support "slow boat". So far I am convinced going the NAS and QNAP routes was a huge mistake. They are less than useless. I have wasted a lot of time and I have jeopardized more data than I have secured.
trnsprt
Starting out

Post by trnsprt »

Hello:

I was having this problem and it was making me pull out my hair. Let me apologize in advance for not being as smart as the frequent posters here and not being able to comprehend the QNap user manual fully. I did solve this problem despite myself with help from the Qnap forum on Reddit. For me I had to go to my Windows Credentials and update my Qnap Credential. Control Panel<User Accounts<Credential Manager<Manage Windows Credentials<(My NAS name) and then Edit as necessary. Save and Try NetBak again. For me it worked. I hope this little bit of trouble shooting helps someone else.

Be Well
Tom

https://www.reddit.com/r/qnap/comments/ ... hare_from/
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Backup & Restore”