Where does HBS 3 store it jobs' settings?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
TeraBit
Getting the hang of things

Where does HBS 3 store it jobs' settings?

Post by TeraBit »

I'm trying to recover an HBS 3 local backup (from one volume to another) settings after my system volume (the source of the backup) has some issues and QTS refuses to use it. So I replaced the drive, restored the media from the backup volume. Now I don't want to copy over (=overwrite) the tera-bytes of data from the source volume (that I just recovered from backup volume). This is redundant and would take hours. HBS provide an option to relink a backup job, but that fails with a non-informative error message, and QNAP support, so far, hasn't been able to help.
Then I tried connecting that problematic system volume to a PC and it seems I can access all the data there. Now I'm wondering: Where are HBS jobs' setting are stored? Maybe I can simply recover the job directly from the the previous system volume.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
QTS 5.0.0.1850
TS-251+ with 2x2TB WD Red / Two static volumes (system and backup) for a simple home setup.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Where does HBS 3 store it jobs' settings?

Post by Toxic17 »

probably here: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HybridBackup/CloudConnector3/db_backup

look like sqlite databases
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
TeraBit

Post by TeraBit »

Toxic17 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:22 am probably here: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HybridBackup/CloudConnector3/db_backup

look like sqlite databases
Thank you. I'll poke around that db and see what I can find. Also, I'll report back my findings.
QTS 5.0.0.1850
TS-251+ with 2x2TB WD Red / Two static volumes (system and backup) for a simple home setup.
TeraBit

Post by TeraBit »

OK, the path name (and the contents of that directory) suggests those are backups made of jobs that ran. The original file seems to be stored in a different partition/ext3 FS which is/was located at /mnt/sda_root\.config\cloudconnector\CloudConnector3\ (or /mnt/HDA_root), maybe it was changed in some update.
I got both the original and the latest backup and, surprisingly, they are not identical. the back contains 2 additional tables. As expected, they are, sqlite DBs.
Seems like there are two courses of action I could take here:
Plan A
0. Stop HBS 3.
1. restore config.db, db_backup and a bunch of log files laying around
2. Hope I didn't forget anything and it's all consistent.
3. Start HBS 3.
4. Cross fingers and let it run.

Or

Plan B
1. Recreate, manually, the job.
2. Compare the DB entries of the job created in 1. against the backup
3. replace the unique ID in .syncmeta located at the destination folder with unique ID of the newly created job in 1 (not accessible in the UI, taken from the jobs table in the config DB.
4. Cross fingers and let it run.

What would you consider the safest approach? I'm leaning towards Plan B.
QTS 5.0.0.1850

Return to “Backup & Restore”