Is this possible?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
gdgross
Starting out

Is this possible?

Post by gdgross »

Hi all, I'm not sure if what I'm envisioning is possible, so I think i'll just describe my ideal behavior and see if you all think it is achievable.

I have an external SSD hard drive connected directly to a machine on my LAN. This drive contains several music projects I'm actively working on. I also have a TS-543 NAS on the same network which has many of the same projects copied from that external drive onto one folder in the NAS. Mostly I work on the external drive, but I'd like to be able to work on active projects from either location.

Can I set up some kind of backup/sync system which updates either location with the latest file? ex, if the system sees that the file on the external drive is older than the equivalent file on the NAS, or that there are missing files, it will update the external? And vise versa?

I understand that this may not be possible using apps from QTS, as the NAS can't see the drive connected directly to my machine. Perhaps some external sw that's running on my machine could do it. (mac os on that machine)

Thanks!
gdgross
Starting out

Re: Is this possible?

Post by gdgross »

Thanks Ginger, I'll give resilio a look.

Also found an app called chronosync, would be installed on my local machine though.

Return to “Backup & Restore”