HBS 3 SYNC from DropBox to QNAP NAS

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
hopefulljoe
New here

HBS 3 SYNC from DropBox to QNAP NAS

Post by hopefulljoe »

Hello folks, I'm trying to get an ACTIVE SYNC HBS 3 COPY sync/backup happening from dropbox business to local NAS
My user is an ADMIN user on the Dropbox service, My question is how do I get the HBS to backup ALL the files folders on our dropbox business account into the NAS say folder /Dropbox_BK total data is around 600GB and we have a decent link so im not concerened about bandwith its more the fact that EACH folder appears to want to MAP to another folder on the NAS - This is fine for the folders i can SEE however there are files on the business account I cannot access so I cannot map them. The NAS correctly shows how much data we are using however I have no clue how to get it to backup /ROOT/DROPBOX to NAS /Dropbox_BK/
Any help would be appreciated !

Firmware 5.0.0.1891
CPU AMD R-series RX-421BD Radeon R7 2100MHz 4 cores 4 threads
4GB Memory
AnalogEngineer
Starting out

Re: HBS 3 SYNC from DropBox to QNAP NAS

Post by AnalogEngineer »

you are using the wrong too. HBS 3 does not preserve dates or attributes and is for back up.

Try instead Hybrid mount and mount the drop box folder your NAS as a local cache, then set the local permissions as you wish. Each root folder will need it's own permissions so any changes to the root will require to to add or re-do permissions.

unfortunately HB mount can only use up to 50% of it's cache for download cache. It also doesn't default to always in local cache. So set your cache size to about 3-4x the current drop box size (depending on how fast that account grows), go to the cache manager and change to always in local cache and set the reserved cached to maximum (50% of total cache). Then you should be golden.

Return to “Backup & Restore”