Deleted files as part of backup job

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Fulcrum72
First post

Deleted files as part of backup job

Post by Fulcrum72 »

My setup:
Using HBS 3, I back up my files weekly on my NAS to my OneDrive account. I have simple versioning turned on, and I'm retaining 12 versions. I also have it so that it backs up updated files, uses data compression (but not QuDedup). It seems to back up fine (I have done a few test restores and I don't have any issues). Finally, this OneDrive only acts as the QNAP backup target -- there is no other user activity going on.

I did receive an alert from OneDrive that a lot of files were deleted (in excess of 90) and that they would be purged after days in the recycle bin. Checking in the recycle bin, I see a bunch of qsv files from the "../dedupe/NAS_Name/0000000_000000" folder, as well as a QNAPHybridSync_full_XX.db file.

The db file makes sense to me -- each backup job creates a new .db file, and the old one is deleted. I see one DB file in the recycle bin for every weekly backup job. What is confusing is all of these qsv files; I do not see any other qsv files with deleted time stamps other than the one backup job that generated the "deleted a lot of files" notice. I've checked the backup job log files -- no errors -- as well as the file details (which lists all the files that got backed up), but I'm not sure what all these .qsv files represent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “Backup & Restore”