Hybrid Backup sync to Backblaze b2 Wont Work

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
jjmmpprr
Starting out

Re: Hybrid Backup sync to Backblaze b2 Wont Work

Post by jjmmpprr »

zsoltika007 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:27 pm And here we go again! Something wrong again with hbs3 with b2... My jobs sometimes pass, sometimes fails.. :?
I use HBS 2 (updated some months ago) as my nas is a bit old (212p), but have the same problem.
jeremyatbackblaze
New here

Post by jeremyatbackblaze »

Jeremy from Backblaze here. If you’d like us to help you dig into this, please don’t hesitate to open a support ticket with us: https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
MacConin
Starting out

Post by MacConin »

after months of running without a glitch and having nothing changed, I'm back to Network Errors.

had this in 2018, ( https://forum.qnapclub.de/thread/50135- ... -fritzbox/) in 2019, and now again.

I have NO idea what the hell thy are doing here

My next attempt will be something like that here :
https://www.reddit.com/r/qnap/comments/ ... at_anchor/

Any other ideas are really apreciated
pyjamashark
New here

Post by pyjamashark »

Has there been any progress on this!? The first 2TB of my backup to backblaze b2 went fine but after that I keep getting this error:
Message: [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: Failed to connect to cloud storage service after multiple attempts
It is very frustrating.
Joe
MacConin
Starting out

Post by MacConin »

Nope. My solution was to buy a newer, upgradable system :(
pyjamashark
New here

Post by pyjamashark »

Ah thanks MacConin - that doesn't sound promising :(
MacConin
Starting out

Post by MacConin »

sorry about that, but with the elder software: no way (for me)
But there is also a workaround. If you are familiar with shell scripts:
try https://rclone.org/
After installation you can set up your own scripts that run for eg against backblaze.
one of my (OS X) scripts for backblaze looks something like:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

# exclude any .* dir
# exclude any .* file
# exclude directory Library
# exclude directory Desktop
# exclude symlinks (do not use the -L flag)
# skip silently excluded symlinks  --skip-links
# copy /Users/mac/anything
# to BB:con-mac-anything

/Applications/rclone/rclone sync  -v \
--config /Users/mac/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
--skip-links \
--auto-confirm \
--exclude=.* \
--exclude=/.*/** \
/Users/mac/crack BB:mac-anything

exit 0

tray2100
New here

Post by tray2100 »

Chiming in with the same issue. I wasn't even able to get to 1TB of my 6TB backup. I've been sitting at 800GB for over a month now with every attempt at restarting the backup failing with either:

Hybrid Backup Sync Job Status [Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Sync job: "xxxxxx" Failed to connect to cloud storage service after multiple attempts. Check network settings

or

[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "xxxx". Failed to upload metadata. Check your network settings.

It started with the latter message happening every so often but still doing some backups but now all I get is the former message with zero transfers. This job uses QuDedup. I started a new backup job that doesn't use QuDedup but is uploading to the same B2 bucket and it seems to be working with no issues right now. So, it could be QuDedup being part of the problem (although it's supposed to be client/source side dedupe) or it could be some weirdness in the state of the data for the original backup job in B2? I dunno ... I'll ping this thread with the outcome of the new job.
Champo
Starting out

Post by Champo »

I'm getting the same error messages. Using the latest firmware and HBS version on TS-230. The backup job run perfectly until about a month ago and the logs gives the same errors as mentioned before.
Backblaze support wasn't helpful and it seems pointless to even contact Qnap.

Any suggestions or recommendation for other cloud services that can be used reliably for backup?
MacConin
Starting out

Post by MacConin »

have a look at rclone - its a little bit more technically
sfb247
First post

Post by sfb247 »

I would also like to be the 1000 person to chime in with the problem.

I have been back and forth with Qnap support for last 6 months. Instead of B2 i am using google but getting same error. I was using HBS for years and all the sudden i have this problem. I was thinking something changed on google side when they switched all the plan tiers but if you say its also with Backblaze then its on the Qnap side!

Would love to know solution. Its something with a firmware back in 2021 i think. @QNAP own up and fix the problem

I am getting real tired of the issue. I would like to run my back ups.
Champo
Starting out

Post by Champo »

sfb247 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:53 am I would also like to be the 1000 person to chime in with the problem.

I have been back and forth with Qnap support for last 6 months. Instead of B2 i am using google but getting same error. I was using HBS for years and all the sudden i have this problem. I was thinking something changed on google side when they switched all the plan tiers but if you say its also with Backblaze then its on the Qnap side!

Would love to know solution. Its something with a firmware back in 2021 i think. @QNAP own up and fix the problem

I am getting real tired of the issue. I would like to run my back ups.
It's not Backblaze. I'm doing backups from a Synology device on the same network to the same Backblaze account and everything works perfectly.

Return to “Backup & Restore”