Unable to create a back up job using HBS Hybrid Backup Sync

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
AlanB58
New here

Unable to create a back up job using HBS Hybrid Backup Sync

Post by AlanB58 »

I am running a TS 112 with firmware 4.3.3.2057 - build 20220623 and HBS Hybrid Backup Sync 2.1.190909.

I got hit with the Deadbolt ransomware attack and have rebuilt the NAS with a new HDD and updated the firmware. Basically a new install. I had been running firmware 4.1.3 build 20150313 and an earlier version of HBS to run two real time back up jobs. Each job was associated with a dedicated USB connected external portable HDD. I would swap jobs on a regular basis and swap out the HDD at the same time keeping one HDD off site. This system worked well.

I'm tying to set up the same backup process with the updated firmware but have not been able to create a back up job. It doesn't matter if I initiate the set up by choosing "External Backup" from the list on the left of the screen or by choosing the "Create Backup Job" tab on the Back Up window of the HBS screen.

If I use the "Create Backup Job" tab in the Backup window and choose "Local Back Up" or choose the "External Backup" and then click "Create a Job" I end up with a greyed out window called "Synchronization Wizard" with a spinning Q and the message "Loading Data, Please Wait". Nothing happens from that point.

The external disk can be seen as an external disk in Control Panel. It is formatted in NTFS which is what it was before.

Help!!!!!! Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong or what I can do.
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Unable to create a back up job using HBS Hybrid Backup Sync

Post by FSC830 »

No knowledge with HBS2 or earlier versions here, only with v3. In v3 you need to use local backup and navigate to USB drive as target.
If in your v2 only a screen with endless spinner rises, no matter what kind of backup is selected, create a ticket at QNAP support for help.

Regards
AlanB58
New here

Post by AlanB58 »

I've created ticket. Let's hope they can help.

One option I'm am contemplating is reinstalling the old disk to see what happens since it has all the old settings and the old version of HBS. I've run Malware Remover with that disk installed which apparently has removed the "Deadbolt" ransomware but I'm still wary hence the decision to fit a new drive.
orkuna
First post

Post by orkuna »

Hello AlanB58,
What happenned with your ticket? My Turbo NAS 410 with a brand new disk and install has exactly the same problem. Do you have a solution?

Return to “Backup & Restore”