Central Backup solution PULL Backup from Windows station

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Sylrob
Know my way around

Central Backup solution PULL Backup from Windows station

Post by Sylrob »

Good Morning,
I want to PULL data from several Windows Workstation over our local network to the QNAP, I need several version of each backup so Active Sync from HBS3 isn't a solution, I also want to install nothing, on each workstation, I want the setup to be hassle free for the users (I'm a Domain Admin). I create 1 remote mount the see what I can do with the QNAP remote mount, it work as expected I can see it in file manager but as you surely know not in HBS3 backup solution. I know that I can install a VEEAM server solution on a Windows server and use the QNAP as a storage device, but IF it's possible I want to concentrate all the installation on the QNAP.

Anyone is aware of a backup solution that can PULL data from Unix/Linux remote mount ? any advice is welcome

Best Regards,

Sylvain
Using TS 220,TS-470PRO, TVS 871 and more
k4rl
New here

Re: Central Backup solution PULL Backup from Windows station

Post by k4rl »

Hi ! I have the same need for windows pc, I think Xopero is the solution but it's free only for 3 endpoints, have you tried it? Another solution could be EaseUS Backup Center, but it costs even more.
Think it would be enough for me that Qsync had the one way sync option from PC to NAS but this was never implemented. Netbackreplicator is worth it.
It could be that we were wrong to buy qnap, since the direct competition offers a "free" centralized backup, at least the simple one. Sorry qnap but I bought your nas for the third time, I also recommended it to a company, but now, when I am asked to make a backup for five simple folder each in a different windows desktop, I can only say: now you have the nas, but you have to purchase the software to make the backup.
You solved? such as ?

sorry for my english.
Sylrob
Know my way around

Post by Sylrob »

Good Morning,

I decided to add all computer to the VEEAM backup pool !. I tried Xopero a long time ago and it was working perfectly !

Hope Qnap will add this kind of setup in HBS !

Best Regards,

Sylvain
Using TS 220,TS-470PRO, TVS 871 and more
tonny
New here

Post by tonny »

Creo que QNAP está en la edad de hielo todavía con el tema de copias de Windows hacia Qnap.
Su competencia directa tiene una herramienta que es una maravilla.
Llevo años esperando que salgan de la edad de hielo pero nada. Llevo años comprando Qnap pero si el cliente quiere copias de seguridad, después de probar la competencia en ese ámbito, no voy a aconsejar Qnap.
Una completa lástima porque me encanta Qnap.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

This is an English forum..please only post in English
tonny
New here

Post by tonny »

Sorry everyone.

Return to “Backup & Restore”