backup QNAP-NAS to QNAP-NAS via WIREGUARD?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
jfalk
New here

backup QNAP-NAS to QNAP-NAS via WIREGUARD?

Post by jfalk »

Hello,
asks for help on how to perform a secure backup or synchronization to another location from one QNAP NAS to another QNAP NAS using the QVPN WIREGUARD connection.
Both servers are TVS-472XT. Currently I am trying to use HBS3 but no effects - I don't know how to set up the connection.
jfalk
New here

Re: backup QNAP-NAS to QNAP-NAS via WIREGUARD?

Post by jfalk »

Hello,
I will ask for help again. Unfortunately, no response. Apparently my query was too general.
My concept:
1. Make a secure backup or synchronization to another location from one QNAP NAS to another QNAP NAS using the QVPN WIREGUARD connection
2. Start a connection from NAS1 to NAS2 using QVPN WIREGUARD - done albeit after the ordeal ...
2. NAS1 - this is the NAS2 server client.
3. Running one-way sync from NAS2 to NAS1 with HBS 3 Hibrid - I fell here!
4. I am trying to configure the connection with a remote RTRR server but for security it is via VPN
5. I ran Serer RTRR on NAS1 but I don't know if it is successful
Do you have any ideas on how to do this?
jfalk
New here

Post by jfalk »

I was able to configure and connect WIREGUARD - screen 1
I am trying to set up one-way sync with HBS 3 Hibrid but with VPN without going to the public net.
Screenshots attached. I set the RTRR server 39647/and port the same as in WIREGAURD. I have set a password. The same on both sides. Routers and firewall allow WIREGUAR and RTRR traffic. Effect - does not connect
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MACS00
New here

Post by MACS00 »

Hello, Have you managed to fix it?
I have the same problem. Wireguard (seems to be connected and working)
HBS3 not able to see the other QNAP at all.

I am thinking. I have always been using 'Connect to Remote NAS", when I come home I will try to "Connect to Local NAS".
Don't have a clue if it makes any difference, but it is the only thing I haven't tried yet.
MACS00
New here

Post by MACS00 »

MACS00 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:06 pm I am thinking. I have always been using 'Connect to Remote NAS", when I come home I will try to "Connect to Local NAS".
Don't have a clue if it makes any difference, but it is the only thing I haven't tried yet.
Crappy idea.
'Connect to Local NAS' means you stay on your local NAS.
jkramerilegv
First post

Post by jkramerilegv »

Can anyone share the exact steps to set up WG client on one NAS and Server on other? I have not been able to do it.

Return to “Backup & Restore”