HBS 3 Manually execute one folder pair in sync job

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
grouillier
Starting out

HBS 3 Manually execute one folder pair in sync job

Post by grouillier » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:31 am

I'm new to HBS 3. I'm using it to sync multiple folder pairs from my primary NAS TS-253A to my backup NAS TS-230, both on my local LAN. I have a single sync job configured with 8 folder pairs. The jobs works successfully.

Occasionally, I'd like to sync a single folder pair out of the eight when I've done a lot of changes in that folder. Is there any easy way to do this within HBS? I can't find such a capability. I'm looking for something like an execute button on each configured pair that I can click to sync just that one pair. I suppose I can clone the existing job, and then delete the 7 pairs I don't want to sync at this time. Or just create a new sync job containing just the one pair I'm currently interested in. I'm inclined to clone and delete because that would automatically keep the options I've configured, so I wouldn't have to worry about missing any when creating a new job.

Thanks.
TS-230, QTS 4.5.3, single 3 TB Western Digital Red Plus

FSC830
Experience counts

Re: HBS 3 Manually execute one folder pair in sync job

Post by FSC830 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:04 pm

No, you can run the complete job.
To run only sync for a single folder pair, create a new job with only this pair and do not create a schedule.
So you can run this job manually every time you like.

Regards

grouillier
Starting out

Re: HBS 3 Manually execute one folder pair in sync job

Post by grouillier » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:38 pm

FSC830, thanks for clarifying. I'll clone then delete the folder pairs I don't want to include for this more limited case.
TS-230, QTS 4.5.3, single 3 TB Western Digital Red Plus

Return to “Backup & Restore”