Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
mmalyszko
New here

Restore HBS3 with versioning

Post by mmalyszko »

Hi,

Please help,

I restored files from folder called "latest"
problem is that files aren't the letest ...

in folder called "202301160010.H" are latest version - but not all ... some other files are in other folders .D etc...

how to restore ALL latest files from that kind of backup

what im doing wrong ?
P3R
Guru

Re: Restore HBS3 with versioning

Post by P3R »

mmalyszko wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:11 am I restored files from folder called "latest"
problem is that files aren't the letest ...
For me latest have always held the latest file versions. You don't have multiple versioned jobs pointing at the same destination folder do you? Other than that I can't imagine what could be wrong.
in folder called "202301160010.H" are latest version - but not all ... some other files are in other folders .D etc...
Files that have been deleted from the source before the latest backup ran won't be in the latest folder if you have the Remove additional files in destination folder policy ticked if that is what you mean.

You can then look at the different versions as snapshots of exactly how the server looked at the time the job ran.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Backup & Restore”