HBS3: Restore Failure

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
skavy
New here

HBS3: Restore Failure

Post by skavy »

I have an open ticket with Qnap, waiting for a reply. Figured I would post the story here to see if anyone can help. (1) My TS-451 died from a fan failure. I replaced it with a TS-464 and moved the disks to the new unit without problems. However, the system complained that the disk layout (formatted in 2017) was not compatible (so snapshots did not work) and I needed to reformat. (2) To do that, I used HBS3 to make a full back-up of the data. (3) I then checked the integrity of the back-up and it passed. (3) I then formatted my 4-disk setup as a new RAID5. All completed without incident.

I noticed that HBS3 had somehow uninstalled after the disks came up. I downloaded HBS3 again but of course the jobs that were used to create the back-up (to an external driver) were now gone.

I created a restore job. My only choice was a top-level directory "Public" as the destination. I am not able to create any other top-level directories (using File Station 5). The restore job took 10 hours. I had hoped that even if it did not unpack in the right place that would be a simple "mv" to fix. But instead, the destination folder has the same data as the external volume's back-up data. The restore is not unpacking the back-up.

Any ideas are appreciated while I freak myself out waiting for Qnap support to see if they have an answer.

Thanks!
skavy
New here

Re: HBS3: Restore Failure

Post by skavy »

I just noticed that all of important folders and files appear under the "latest" directory. I have a session with support at 4 today. So no need to respond to this.

Return to “Backup & Restore”