HBS 3 No Real-time synchronization option

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
VukDjordjevic
Getting the hang of things

HBS 3 No Real-time synchronization option

Post by VukDjordjevic »

I am trying to create a 2 Way Sync job between 2 QNAP NAS on different locations. There is no Real-time synchronization under the Schedule tab. I am 100% sure that before this option was available but now this option is nowhere to be found.
Qnap's website has this option shown on their how to section under Creating a Two-Way Sync Job paragraph number 10. ( https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... ackup-sync ).

I am using QTS 5.0.1.2277. but also on the previous versions (QTS 4.5.4.1723) this option is not available.

The only way to make the synchronization faster is to set up a periodic sync (5min is the min) but the issue is that everytime the sync starts Qnap is analyzing all the data and it takes quite a while before it starts copying the actual file from site to site even-though the file is smaller.
Is there a way to bypass the sync and make it faster? Also, for some reason when you stop the sync manually the files that were being copied on both ends get deleted which is crazy. I tested this on a few different NAS machines and the files end up in the Recycle. This is quite a big problem especially in case the internet connection breaks for some reason you could end up losing files in the 2 way sync process.

Is there a way to get a Dropbox like performance between the 2 NAS machines?
SatcomNerd
First post

Re: HBS 3 No Real-time synchronization option

Post by SatcomNerd »

Has anyone figured out how to do this?
kf4hqf
New here

Re: HBS 3 No Real-time synchronization option

Post by kf4hqf »

Agreed. This is maddening. The service is call Real Time Remote Replication, but yet the "Real Time" option doesn't exist? What's the point?

Return to “Backup & Restore”