HBS 3 Backup

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
djw1005
New here

HBS 3 Backup

Post by djw1005 »

Does the HBS 3 backup actually allow you to perform, historical backups or is this limited?

Appears I can sync to one drive and backup to one drive, but when it comes to restoring the information I am limited to restoring the whole thing it appears
dolbyman
Guru

Re: HBS 3 Backup

Post by dolbyman »

You can do simple file backups..no need for container files if you don't want them
djw1005
New here

Post by djw1005 »

Not sure what you mean. The only option I have on the backup job is to restore whole thing, which is kind of annoying. The whole point of a backup is so that you can restore granular.

I have set off a sync now to my one drive account. The software seems to be lacking the functions that most would want.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

If you look at the backup drive, you will find a simple copy of the folders, so if you want to restore only files and folders, just restore them from the backup
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

djw1005 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:23 pm The only option I have on the backup job is to restore whole thing, which is kind of annoying. The whole point of a backup is so that you can restore granular.
  1. Make a backup job with the options for QuDedup and Encryption disabled.
  2. If the Restore action in HBS3 doesn't give you the granularity that you want, restore using File Station in the Qnap or a file explorer or any other file copying tool in a client device instead.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Backup & Restore”