How to Restore.. EVERYTHING?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Venerabilis
New here

How to Restore.. EVERYTHING?

Post by Venerabilis »

Hi there,

I've removed some/all files/folders from the Qweb share/folder on my TS 109 Pro... which I shouldn't have.. 'cause now php and (my)SQL won't work,. i've tried to install some(as I don't know what exactly was in there) manually, but failed miserably :roll:

i've tried to get 'm back with "reset settings" and such but without any luck..

Does anyone have a restore file or something from which I can recover the Original Factory settings including all default files and folders... isn't there some factory recovery image or something... or could someone at least give me all default files from the Qweb share??..

kind regards and thnX in advance
meiji
Getting the hang of things

Post by meiji »

You can try below to restore the system configuration back:
1. In system administration page, select Backup/Restore/Reset Settings under Tools.
2. You should also try to update the system firmware if you think some system programs were missing.
3. If your do not need to keep your current disk data, you can also do:
a. take out the HDD & reformat it using PC via USB cable
b. or take out HDD. Boot TS-109/209. Using Finder to locate TS-109/209. Then put HDD in while it's powered ON.
Then using Finder to re-install your TS from the beginning.

Can you share with us what's the non-working function of your TS-109/209? Maybe you don't need to do reset or reinstall.
Venerabilis
New here

Post by Venerabilis »

I've tried the first 2 without succes,..

the 3rd wont work for me as I'm a MAC user.

the phpMyAdmin and SQL won't work,.. I've already read trough a couple of forums about the same kind of issue, but reinstalling the folders simply doesn't work,..

normally you whould see some kind of login screen,.. I get completly different things, just errors and broken lines of code on the pages,... I've tried all kind of permission changes but nithing makes any difference,.. so I just want to get my 109 back to the factory standard with all the files as they were...
meiji
Getting the hang of things

Post by meiji »

You can still do 3.b and use Mac QIW instead of QNAP Finder to do the re-initialization. And you should be able to get a fresh installation.

NOTE: data will be formatted while using Mac QIW to re-install.

This should work and you can take a try.
simpan
Starting out

Post by simpan »

How about unplugging the QNAP-harddrive, connecting it to a PC and then backing up just the OS from the QNAP-harddrive.. Would that be possible, and would it be possible to restore in case of a crash..?
xavier6424
New here

Re: How to Restore.. EVERYTHING?

Post by xavier6424 »

Hey why don’t you try http://www.diskemergency.com .It will definitely help you. It is one of the best data recovery service provider. I think you should go through this atleast once.

Return to “Backup & Restore”