Crashplan

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
vee24steve
New here

Crashplan

Post by vee24steve »

Hi. I've installed Crashplan on our NAS (TS-469U) and have the application on my pc to control it. JRE is installed and I can get to the web page on the NAS for the Crashplan service.

However, when I start the software on my PC I get the "unable to connect to the backup engine" message.

I have changed the ui.properties file to make serviceHost point to the NAS IP address.

Is there anything else I need to do? I was looking at this article (http://blog.thingsgeeky.co.uk/?p=3621) and I think I need to open ports 4242/4243 on the NAS but not sure how I do that. Also, do I need to replace the current token in the ui_info file with one from the NAS? If I do, where do I get that from?

Any pointers much appreciated :-)
vee24steve
New here

Re: Crashplan

Post by vee24steve »

Update; if I restart Crashplan on the NAS I can see ports 4242/4243 open up on the NAS and I can start the Crashplan app on my PC. However I get an 'unable to backup' message for the Crashplan Central Destination (as we have paid for off-site) backup.
mcsput99
New here

Post by mcsput99 »

Hi, I receive the same error message after modifying ui.properties. I saw several posts on changing the token in .ui_info file on PC to that stored on QNAP but I haven't been able to find the file. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I already sunk many hours into this only hitting dead ends.
earmufz
Starting out

Post by earmufz »

If you launch crash plan on your qnap it will show you the token to use
MadMaxster
Starting out

Post by MadMaxster »

Mcsput99 it's in c:\program data\crashplan
Take the port,string token that the server gives you and put in .ui_info
Backup your pc setting.
Then launch the client and it will connect to your server crashplan not the pc.
Note that the ui_info is reset to PC on reboot of pc.

Good luck!

Return to “Backup & Restore”