- Nick

TS-219P; TS-259 Pro; TS-269 Pro; TS-459U; TS-453U; TS-253B
TR-004U; TS-470 Pro 16; NMP-1000
pleko
Starting out

Re: Backup Station Incomming List - Incorrect Job Status

Post by pleko »

AcerTravel wrote:
C_sonnier wrote:Found a solution. SSH into your machine and navigate to /etc/qsync folder. I cleared with VI, did not delete, the following files: qsyncpassivejob.conf, qsyncjobdef.conf, hbrm_storage.conf, and removed the related profile from hbrm_profile.conf. I also removed a qsync.conf.tmp.xxxx file that may or may not have been related to this issue. After refreshing my browser I no longer see any background or incoming task.
Hello,
I confirm that it work on me cleared only the file qsyncpassivejob.conf (not delete the file). I don't need to do the rest that C_sonnier wrote.
Regards and thanks to C_sonnier to find the resolution..
Jorge :-)
wonderfull just work nice for me on my TS853A
Regards.

SS439 QTS 4.2.6
TS853A QTS 4.3.3
edika
Starting out

Post by edika »

That's worked for me.

Thanks!!

Edika
jantje
Starting out

Post by jantje »

txs
Worked for me as well :-)
Best regards
Jantje
qnmrj
Starting out

Post by qnmrj »

AcerTravel wrote:
C_sonnier wrote:Found a solution. SSH into your machine and navigate to /etc/qsync folder. I cleared with VI, did not delete, the following files: qsyncpassivejob.conf, qsyncjobdef.conf, hbrm_storage.conf, and removed the related profile from hbrm_profile.conf. I also removed a qsync.conf.tmp.xxxx file that may or may not have been related to this issue. After refreshing my browser I no longer see any background or incoming task.
Hello,
I confirm that it work on me cleared only the file qsyncpassivejob.conf (not delete the file). I don't need to do the rest that C_sonnier wrote.
Thanks, worked for me!

Confirmed, on TS-453A firmware 4.3.3.0229 build 20170624, I had the same issue with a phantom RTRR job reported by the NAS under 'background jobs' and in the 'backup station' under 'RTRR Server' and then 'incoming list'. It was also for a machine/IP that no longer existed. Multiple system restarts and disabling RTRR server had no effect.

Telnet into server and blanking the file /etc/qsync/qsyncpassivejob.conf immediately removed the phantom job from both the background jobs and the incoming list. No restart required.
KeBul
Starting out

Post by KeBul »

I successfully tried a slightly different method, using vi I edited qsyncpassivejob.conf but rather than delete the entry from the file I changed the status from 1 to 2

This allowed me to select the job and then delete (clear) it from the RTTR incoming list in the web gui

Thought this might allow the system itself to clean up anything else that needed it.

Thanks to C_sonnier for the solution though, this has been annoying me for a while

Kev
billsecond
New here

Post by billsecond »

Hello, I too had phantom jobs on this list, so to remove it and clean it up, i simply SFTP'ed into my NAS using FileZilla, then navigated to /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/qsync. Then renamed qsyncpassivejob.config to qsyncpassivejob.config_old, and it cleared the list, I did go to my other NAS that does have a job running on it, and stopped it, then re-started the job. Then the correct sync re-appeared on the list again, I was able to grant it access at that time. But the phantom (old) job is no longer there.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

AcerTravel wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:41 am
Hello,
i also confirm that this worked for me as well.

this issue happened on a ts-509 pro using the latest stable qts and hbs.

i can't recall whether this happened before or after i tried installing latest hbs 2 and hb3 but failed. so not sure if that triggered this bug.

Either way the method for fixing it works. I also started a new HBS restore from a ts-877, then relogged to qts on the ts-509 pro, the current tasks now correctly shows the new active running task.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
carvwa
New here

Post by carvwa »

So...this is a crazy old thread, but still happens on the odd occasion. This particular NAS is arm based, but that shouldn't make any difference. Someone more wise than I can post a better method, but this one works and is fairly safe.

(here's what I do)
Double check Backupstation/RTRR Server/incoming list (tab in the upper middle of screen). You'll see a job there that is stuck (check the check box, but clear records remains grayed out. Also, make sure it's the only one checked. If you have a job that won't delete and jobs that will, the errored job will prevent the others from clearing if selected together).

ssh into the NAS
[~] #
[~] # vi /etc/qsync/qsyncpassivejob.conf
(you'll see something like this):

[192.xx.xx.xx_Job6]
TaskType = 1
Name = Folder1:Folder2-->remotefolder1:remotefolder2
Server = 192.xx.xx.xx
StartTime = 17179869184
EndTime = 1589992622
Status = 1
Pair1 = Folder1/Folder2//remoteFolder1/remotefolder2
Pair = 1
permission = 1
MonthDay = 0
WeekDay = 0
Hour = 23
Minute = 59
Schedule = 1
Direction = 0

That's probably your stuck job. Go back to the NAS, disable RTRR (Backupstation/RTRR Server/RTRR Server, left upper center tab this time). Uncheck Enable Real-time Remote Replication Server. Scroll down to the bottom, and click apply. It will warn you that you are going to reset all jobs, so make sure you've stopped them first.

head back to your SSH with the qsyncpassivejob.conf in edit mode. Change the following value from what ever it is...to Zero
Like SO:

EndTime = 1589992622 (no change)
Status = 0 (I changed from 1 to 0, but yours might be a different number, change it to 0 anyway)
Pair1 = Folder1/Folder2//remoteFolder1/remotefolder2 (no change)

save and exit (vi save is <shift>: then <w> for write, <q> for quit <enter>)
vi will look like this ==
:wq
(after pressing <enter> you'll return back to cli ) [~] #

head back to NAS, (Backupstation/RTRR Server/RTRR Server) check the Enable Real-time Remote Replication Server. Enable any other options you need/want/had then scroll down and click apply.
head back to NAS, (Backupstation/RTRR Server/incoming list) check the orphan job, now clear records should be enabled. Click it...job gone.
By this point, you can check the incoming list, or notice that your "notification" was gone (upper right in the NAS home screen).

Orphan tasked cleared. Sorry this is a super old thread, but it comes up periodically. I am sure I learned this from someone else's thread, but I don't recall who or where.
TS-451+ (8GB): - 4.4.2 - Static volume - Raid5 - 4 x 2TB Mixed (Toshiba DT01 x 2, Seagate ST3200, WD WD2003FZEX)
TS-451+ (8GB): - 4.4.2 - Static volume - Raid5 - 4 x 4TB WD (wd40ez) x 2, HGST (HMS5C) x2
TS-419PII (503 MB): - 4.3.3 - Static volume - Raid5 - 4 x 3TB Toshiba (MX60) x 4
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server 2012r2
Windows Server 2k2
Clients: 9 x Windows 10 Pro(64bit), 1 x Windows 10 home (64bit), 1 x Windows 7, 3 x Linux/Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 4
BrenTeck
New here

Post by BrenTeck »

Hi, yes same problem with phantom incoming RTRR job here using TS-451+ firmware 4.4.3.1400
No longer using the remote server nor do I have the files it was syncing to as they were only needed for testing.
Poor firmware form Qnap.

Return to “Backup & Restore”