GoodSync QNAP Installation

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
nas_bob
Starting out

Re: GoodSync QNAP Installation

Post by nas_bob »

Just to warn people:
I was running successfully on 10.6.7.1
Saw a newer version 10.6.7.3 so went to install that. Stopped the service and then manually installed the newer version.
It failed.
Had to go into CLI and manually kill processes. Eventually it installed and restarted.
All previous setting lost. Users etc etc.
Backed up data *survived* but had to start again with all configuration.

This should be considered ALPHA software until it gets used a bit more - especially as its is meant for BACKUP!
brittle81
Starting out

Post by brittle81 »

nas_bob,

I'm sorry, package upgrade logic was missing. It's now done, would keep configuration on upgrade (note that it's not possible to keep configuration on uninstall however).
vbappy
New here

Post by vbappy »

I had 10.6.7.1 installed

I stopped the service in App Center and installed latest (10.6.7.3).
GS server was upgraded correctly and restarted.
When I logon to the webUI, it asked me to setup GS Connect (as if installing for first time).
However, after doing that, all my settings (users, etc) were restored fine.

Now that we have the developer here, are you open to suggestions? :)

I want to add all the QNAP users as local users, but I have to enter user/password for each. Is GS able to obtain the users directly from QNAP? Present the users as a list, and select which ones can access?

Also, can GS present the QNAP filesystem as per defined shares (ie just as if that user has logged into the QNAP filestation app)?
brittle81
Starting out

Post by brittle81 »

vbappy,

Suggestions are welcome. But I'm still worried about nas_bob's situation when he had to stop service via CLI. It didn't happen to me.
And I'm still seeing some of the guys that can't run latest packages on ARM (and even x86_64, for some reason).
karlegas
Know my way around

Post by karlegas »

Hi is good to have to Brittle81 here, I am using the ARM version TS-212 and the AMD TVS-463, something new about the ARM problem?

I installed the version 9.4.49 on the ARM but with firmware 4.3.3.0404 but did not shows the configuration like before. Also the last version 10.6.7.1 doesn't shows in the NAS, I don't go try the most recent yet.

This is my installation log

Code: Select all

Goodsync Server post-installation script
System package directory at: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server
check hardware and find appropriate binaries
Setting up binaries /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server_arm_marvell -> /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server
Goodsync server sanity check
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server)
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server)

gs-server sanity check failed.
gs-server installed successfully.
Creating initial configuration
Updating settings file: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/etc/.goodsync/server/settings.tix
Updated settings:
Applying permissions
Installation complete
The start up of the service to after a clean installation

Code: Select all

check for gs-server process
Attempting to start server
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server)
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/gs-server/gs-server)
Done
Looks the gsync did not find some files or services and cannot run
So there is not any way to access to the configuration? Or how I can help you?

Karl
Favorite Apps: Deluge - Plex, Twonky and TVmobili streaming
Models: TVS-463 QTS 4.3.4 / TS-221 QTS 4.3.3
Website: http://www.naseros.com Tutorials and News in Spanish for QNAP NAS
sirbc
Starting out

Post by sirbc »

I'm seeing very slow transfer speeds on my local network from my computer to my QNAP NAS.

I've tested on two different NAS units, a 509 Pro and a TS-451. When using the Goodsync app (version 10.8.1.1) on the NAS and syncing files using Goodsync from my desktop to the NAS via Goodsync Connect, I am seeing average speeds of 16 MB/s on both NAS units. When I instead run the same Goodsync job (no encryption) but do not use the Goodsync connect app on the NAS and just sync directly to a mapped folder on the NAS, I see speeds on both NAS units average around 90MB/s.

Is this huge drop in transfer speed to be expected when using the Goodsync app on the NAS?
brittle81
Starting out

Post by brittle81 »

sirbc,

It turns out that our code wasn't properly optimized. Please try the latest package from site.
arrior
New here

Post by arrior »

I just tried to install and cannot get it to work. Reached out to GS support and have not heard back. How did you get the install log above? I cannot find it anywhere on my QNAP. Thanks in advance for any help or insight.
mikascm
First post

Post by mikascm »

I have installed 11.9.0 but I cannot reach the server at 192.168.1.NNN:11000
I have updated GS-Server but I cannot go back to an older version because I don't have it anymore. Can someone help with an older version?
scolumbo
Getting the hang of things

Post by scolumbo »

mikascm wrote:I have installed 11.9.0 but I cannot reach the server at 192.168.1.NNN:11000
I have updated GS-Server but I cannot go back to an older version because I don't have it anymore. Can someone help with an older version?
If you still need it, I have a GoodSync Server version from 2018. The version number isn't shown in the filename, but the version I have installed on my TS-853A is 11.6.1.8 so I'm not sure if it's the same.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

degsie
Getting the hang of things

Post by degsie »

Does GoodSync offer a client side application that runs directly from the NAS? I installed GS server but do not see any way to set up jobs on a GUI using the QNAP NAS only. Is this possible? Thanks.
TS110 (4TB WD RED)- QTS 4.2.6 Build 20190322[Retired]
TS251A - QTS 5.0.1

Return to “Backup & Restore”