How to connect Hybrid Backup to Amazon cloud drive?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
ariznaf
Know my way around

How to connect Hybrid Backup to Amazon cloud drive?

Post by ariznaf »

I am trying to do a sync from my files to amazon cloud drive.

I am using Hybrid backup with the cloud backup extensions.

I try to create a job using sync (I don't know why you cannot use backup with amazon cloud) and select cloud drive.

My web browser opens another tab, I insert info for my amazon acount, select to authorize Hybrid backup to access my space and the tab is closed, but when I get back to the QNAP Hybrid backup interface, the account info (Authorization ID) has not been logged.

But in amazon, an third party AUTH ID to Hybrid backup has been create (but as you know you cannot see the AUTH ID).

It seems that Hybrid backup cannot get back the Auth ID.

What is going on?
======================================================
Model: TS-451+ -- RAM: 8GB -- FW: QTS 4.3.6 (user data, multimedia content and backup)
Storage: 3 4TB WD Red NAS (thick volume system + backup) + 1 2TB SAMSUNG HD204UI (thick volume for less important data).
LinuxStation Ubuntu 18.04
Emby 3.2
ariznaf
Know my way around

Re: How to connect Hybrid Backup to Amazon cloud drive?

Post by ariznaf »

My NAS has today upgraded to firmware 4.2.3.

I have tried to connect hybrid backup to Amazon Cloud and now it connects correctly, after authorizing the app to access my cloud drive in amazon, it returns to hybrid backup and now I can select the new connection.
So it should be some kind of bug in the firmware.
Model: TS-451+ -- RAM: 8GB -- FW: QTS 4.3.6 (user data, multimedia content and backup)
Storage: 3 4TB WD Red NAS (thick volume system + backup) + 1 2TB SAMSUNG HD204UI (thick volume for less important data).
LinuxStation Ubuntu 18.04
Emby 3.2
sccofer
New here

Post by sccofer »

I have the same issue - using 4.3.3
lyapounov
New here

Post by lyapounov »

Hello

since the upgrade today, the sync with amazon is really buggued

I am trying to sync a subfolder which contains only 36 files. It is frozen on "computing size" and nothing happens. Before this upgrade, it was very fast.

I have suppressed the app and re started from fresh. No way.

Also, when creating the sync job, browsing on amazon side is very long, much longer than previous version.

Another comment : once you created a task, you can't change its parameters (the strategy, the filter, etc.)

At least one improvment : we don't have this ambiguity between "Hybrid backup sync beta" and "Cloud backup Sync beta" which are the same app.

Hope they will improve this quickly. The synology app is much better.
MickyGX
Starting out

Post by MickyGX »

I have the exact same issue on FW 4.3.3. Any updates on this?
BerDan
New here

Post by BerDan »

No more news about that problem? I am waiting for a solution too.
DavebHC71
Starting out

Post by DavebHC71 »

MickyGX wrote:I have the exact same issue on FW 4.3.3. Any updates on this?
Same issues. Sent report to CS. No response yet.

How does crap like this get thru Quality Control on arguably two of the most important apps available?

And how can these two apps be in "Beta" for so long?
tonycrouch1183
Starting out

Post by tonycrouch1183 »

How do you setup a "Backup" job to Amazon Cloud? So far I can only setup "Sync" job. I've enabled Client Side Encryption in the sync job but it's not encrypting the files when I go to Amazon Drive and view them.
NAS : TVS-871 - 16GB RAM - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz
Firmware : 4.3.3.0210 build 20170606
HDD : 8x WDC WD8001FFWX-68J1UN0 83.H0A03 - 1 Storage Pool with RAID-6
UPS : CyberPower 1500AVRLCD USB
kherr4377
Been there, done that

Post by kherr4377 »

what (small) percentage of people even have the upload to make 'cloud' even viable ...... not many......
Production :
TVS-673 4.3.4 0387
4 X 3TB WD RED : 1 X 4TB HGST DESKSTAR R5
32GB
LAN-10G1SR-D, FiberHal for Cisco SFP-10G-SR
NETGEAR ProSAFE SS3300-28X

Backup :
TS-469L 4.3.4 0387
4 X 3TB WD RED R5
3GB
Located detached garage .. cheap offsite solution ...

2nd TS-469L awaiting drives and reassignment for front-line duty .......
shoten
New here

Post by shoten »

Just to add to the thread same problem here. Anyone aware of any progress made as this will start to bite very soon?

TVS 871
Fw 4.3
2007aleksey
New here

Post by 2007aleksey »

I have exactly the same issue. I can see Amazon Cloud Drive through "Connect to Cloud Drive" extension for File Station, but I can't select a destination folder in "Hybrid Backup Sync", getting the following error: "Cloud storage authentication failed". It worked perfectly before I upgraded to 4.3. It is Unbelievable how QNAP has it broken for so long. I will never buy anything with "qnap" label on it.
DavebHC71
Starting out

Post by DavebHC71 »

I've had a ticket in with these morons for much the same issues since May 5th, the day the firmware was released. I've had 7 or 8 inane emails from QNAP OFFERING USELESS INSTRUCTIONS TO RESTART, REINSTALL ETC. They have no clue. To have something as necessary as backup be in Beta for over a year is nonsense. Like you I will never touch a QNAP NAS again. They are the WORSE tech company I've dealt with in 30 years. After a month of the ridiculous email tag, Last Friday morning I received an email with a CS phone number to call. I called 2 minutes after receiving the email. The line was busy. I left a message with my name and number. I did this FIVE more times over EIGHT hours. NO ONE CALLED BACK. THIS IS ASSININE.

HAVE A NICE DAY!
bfaber
New here

Post by bfaber »

I eventually got hybrid-backup sync working to an amazon drive. If you have a previous back/sync to the folder you're targeting, if you select cancel and then try to restart, its going to try to resync everything, renaming target files as it goes.

I told it to skip existing files (since I had previously synced partially before) and it worked...

Beyond that I had no issues setting it up on a TVS-882.. 'backed up around 500G of data to amazon.

'Revisioned' backups to amazon drive clearly don't exist for those trying to do that. Even their spreadsheets show thats not in the list of possible targets.
TVS-882 - 6 6TB WD Reds, 2 512G Sandisk SSDs
DavebHC71
Starting out

Post by DavebHC71 »

Glad to hear you got it to 'work'. What you are describing seems to be a variation on themes expressed here and in other threads. Simply put, what seems to be an issue is , IF, a connection can be made, and if there are 10 files (photos) involved (scanned to be backed up), and even though none have changed, more often than not 8 of 10 will be backed up/synced anyway. Plus the backup time will take 'hours'. The 8 out of 10 issue happens for me even when I'm syncing to an external attached to NAS USB 3 drive. SO, my theory is it is not just Amazon as part of the fault but also and MORE critically Hybrid Backup and /or firmware 4.3.3!
bfaber
New here

Post by bfaber »

DavebHC71 wrote:Glad to hear you got it to 'work'. What you are describing seems to be a variation on themes expressed here and in other threads. Simply put, what seems to be an issue is , IF, a connection can be made, and if there are 10 files (photos) involved (scanned to be backed up), and even though none have changed, more often than not 8 of 10 will be backed up/synced anyway. Plus the backup time will take 'hours'. The 8 out of 10 issue happens for me even when I'm syncing to an external attached to NAS USB 3 drive. SO, my theory is it is not just Amazon as part of the fault but also and MORE critically Hybrid Backup and /or firmware 4.3.3!
Have you ever gotten the sync to complete, or is it stopped and you're having to manually try to restart it repeatedly?
TVS-882 - 6 6TB WD Reds, 2 512G Sandisk SSDs

Return to “Backup & Restore”