All of a sudden no TimeMachine Connection possible anymore

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
philie
New here

All of a sudden no TimeMachine Connection possible anymore

Post by philie »

Hello,
i hope you can help me concerning a problem of mine!
I still can connect without a problem to my NAS, no things were changed, however, it is not possible to connect to my TimeMachine Partition anymore!
I tried by now changing the password but it is stuck and i had no luck in getting a new backup even though my mac finds the share. Logging in is impossible.
The only thing i did was creating a new shared folder to the current sparse bundle to copy it to an external hard drive.
Can anyone help with troubleshooting?
Thanks a lot!
gadgetvirtuoso
New here

Re: All of a sudden no TimeMachine Connection possible anymore

Post by gadgetvirtuoso »

I had this happen occur for me as well. I tried deleting all the files and turning TM and AFP on and off on my TS-451 without any change. TM would start but eventually error out from the MBP.

I posted on the Apple Community as well. I was told that it's officially supported since it's not being done on Apple hardware but that seems silly to me. AFP is an open protocol for anyone to use.

I had previously deleted the sparsebundle that is created for my machine on the QNAP and it suddenly started working again. If there's something you need to restore you shouldn't delete this file.

Hoping someone else can add some more info to know why it suddenly occurred after it was running fine for several weeks.
kaarela59
First post

Post by kaarela59 »

I have the same problem having macOS 10.12.3
intel
New here

Post by intel »

Same problem here, too!

Return to “Backup & Restore”