Huge problem with data restore after Restore Factory Settings

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
imakowski
New here

Huge problem with data restore after Restore Factory Settings

Post by imakowski »

Hi guys,

I'm screaming for help.
My QNAP TS 119 II went into boot loop with red/green lights on the status. I've decided to check if it's boots without hard disk and it went ok to initialization screen. After I hotplug hdd into it said I can go with "Restore Factory Settings" without loosing my data, so I decided to go this way using following guide

https://www.qnap.com/en/qa/con_show.php ... ne&cid=300

I've selected latest stable image for the system (i was on 4.2.2 or 4.2.3) which name is TS-119_20170313-4.2.4.img.
After reboot I cannot access web interface because quick.cgi issue pops out. I want to mount somehow my old data and backup it somehow or make the system work.

I appreciate help here.
CylonCenturion

Re: Huge problem with data restore after Restore Factory Settings

Post by CylonCenturion »

imakowski wrote:Hi guys,

I'm screaming for help.
My QNAP TS 119 II went into boot loop with red/green lights on the status. I've decided to check if it's boots without hard disk and it went ok to initialization screen. After I hotplug hdd into it said I can go with "Restore Factory Settings" without loosing my data, so I decided to go this way using following guide

https://www.qnap.com/en/qa/con_show.php ... ne&cid=300

I've selected latest stable image for the system (i was on 4.2.2 or 4.2.3) which name is TS-119_20170313-4.2.4.img.
After reboot I cannot access web interface because quick.cgi issue pops out. I want to mount somehow my old data and backup it somehow or make the system work.

I appreciate help here.
do you use chrome browser?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

imakowski
New here

Post by imakowski »

Tried, but this only works on recovery site (without disks connected) when i boot with disk it doesn't work.

I just want to recover my data from this disk.

Any advice with using testdisk or other tool to recover deleted partition by Restore Factory Settings will be very appreciate.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

open a ticket with qnap ..next time have backups at all times

Return to “Backup & Restore”