Amazon Cloud Drive won't allow Hybrid Backup Sync to connect

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
BobbyP
First post

Amazon Cloud Drive won't allow Hybrid Backup Sync to connect

Post by BobbyP »

Hi

I've just installed a TS451+ (with 4 x 3TB WD Red) on a home and working-from-home network, so now I need to set up a cloud backup.

I was going to use Crashplan (Code42), but this is no longer supported by Qnap. Reading asking around, it seems that Amazon Drive Unlimited should be a good choice (the pricing is simple and understandable), but it seems this won't work either.

I've tried to run a one-way 'sync to cloud' using Hybrid Backup Sync, but when I enter my Amazon credentials the browser screen (Edge) just goes blank, and then nothing happens. Refreshing or stepping back and trying again achieves exactly the same result.

Has anyone else come across this. I've read on the Forum that others are having problems connecting to Amazon Drive, but not the completely blank screen...

Cheers,
BobbyP
tboydva
Getting the hang of things

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive won't allow Hybrid Backup Sync to connect

Post by tboydva »

I can connect, but the transfer is spotty with lots of errors. I was able to add credentials. Perhaps try removing, then reinstalling?
muitommy
Starting out

Post by muitommy »

+1 for ok to connect, buy many error and eventually causing the whole sync to be paused which is highly disappointing. I don't know what's going wrong, amazon or the app.
tboydva
Getting the hang of things

Post by tboydva »

I've tried changing settings as systematically as possible. Still tons of errors and "unable to upload" issues. There is another thread where QNAP tech support has been requested (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=132757). My help center has tech support request grayed out....
portedaix
New here

Post by portedaix »

Same problem for me for months. One sad point is that it was working just fine about a year ago. Then went some updates...

Return to “Backup & Restore”