QNAP Officially Releases Hybrid Backup Sync to Streamline Backup, Restoration and Synchronization

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
Toxic17
Ask me anything

QNAP Officially Releases Hybrid Backup Sync to Streamline Backup, Restoration and Synchronization

Post by Toxic17 »

Taipei, Taiwan, September 21, 2017 - QNAP® Systems, Inc. today officially released the all-in-one Hybrid Backup Sync app. Consolidating backup, restoration and synchronization tasks, Hybrid Backup Sync allows users to centrally manage multiple tasks for efficient data backup and retrieval in local, remote and cloud storage. Featuring task overview, multi-version backup, flexible job scheduling, smart data reduction, fast data transfer and upgraded encryption, Hybrid Backup Sync boosts productivity for daily backup tasks and expedites reaction time for disaster recovery.

“Backing up and restoring data at anytime, anywhere is a basic requirement of IT management,” said Norman Tsai, Product Manager of QNAP, adding “Hybrid Backup Sync incorporates commonly-used network protocols and cloud services with a user-friendly interface to provide a flexible and productive tool for businesses and individuals to simplify backup and restoration tasks.”

As a hybrid cloud solution that leverages storage of private and public storage, Hybrid Backup Sync provides multiple ways to create customized job plans for data preservation, including backup from an external device to a QNAP NAS, or from one NAS to other local, remote and cloud storage for double protection. Options for data backup and synchronization include USB one-touch backup and remote synchronization via RTRR, rsync, FTP or CIFS/SMB.

Hybrid Backup Sync supports various cloud services for real-time sync or scheduled backup of data, including Google Drive™, Microsoft® OneDrive®, Microsoft® OneDrive® for Business, Dropbox®, Dropbox® Business, Amazon® Drive, Yandex® Disk, Box®, hubiC®, Amazon® S3, Amazon® Glacier, Microsoft® Azure, Google® Cloud Storage, HiDrive®, Backblaze® B2, HKBN® and Amazon® S3/OpenStack Swift/WebDAV compatible services.

Availability

Hybrid Backup Sync v2.1 is now available from the QTS App Center.
Learn more about Hybrid Backup Sync at https://www.qnap.com/solution/hybrid-backup-sync/en-uk/.

About QNAP Systems, Inc.

QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation. More information is at http://www.qnap.com.

Media Contacts

marketing@qnap.com

[youtube=]MNAU5mUPebo[/youtube]
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

*duplicate so i remove - moogle :(

Gone Gold :mrgreen:

guess you can now replace backup station since hbs been declared stable official release *finally

I recently tested Hybrid Backup Sync 2.1.170914 and didn't see any big problem for RTRR. I didn't try this newer version yet though.
Hybrid Backup Sync 1.3.170914
( 2017/09/21 )
[Fixed Issues]
- Testing a connection to a remote Rsync account would sometimes hang.
- Connecting to an AirPort Time Capsule via CIFS/SMB would fail.
- Creating backup/restore/sync jobs would sometimes fail.
- Syncing files with vsftpd FTP server would fail.
- Syncing files with ProFTPD FTP server would fail.
- Syncing files to certain FTP servers would sometimes display incorrect uploaded file size information.
- The policy "Filter system-generated temporary files" setting could not be applied to backup/sync jobs.
- Under certain conditions, editing a CIFS/SMB job would cause the name of the selected folder on the remote NAS to change unexpectedly.
- Syncing files to Amazon Drive would sometimes fail.
- Syncing files to OneDrive would sometimes fail.
- Connecting to OVH cloud service with Tenant ID would fail.
- Fixed security vulnerabilities.
- Fixed some incorrect log information.

- Fixed some minor UI related issues.

[Enhancements]
- Added a new configuration file recovery feature, which enables you to recover a corrupted Hybrid Backup Sync configuration file.

[Known Issues]
- Sync jobs do not work properly with OneDrive shared folders.
- Backup/Restore/Sync jobs do not work properly with Qsync team folders.
- When migrating a job from Backup Station to Hybrid Backup Sync, the jobs name will be labeled as incompatible if it exceeds the name length limit. Job names must meet the following requirements:
* Backup/Restore jobs: May contain numbers [0-9], letters [A-Za-z], spaces [ ] and the following special characters [-_.@,]. Length must be 3 to 64 characters, and the first character must be a letter or number.
* Sync/External jobs: May contain numbers [0-9], letters [A-Za-z], spaces [ ] and the following special characters [-_.@/,<>]. Length must be 3 to 64 characters. The first character must be a letter or number.
- While upgrading Hybrid Backup Sync to this version, an external backup job name will be labeled as incompatible if it exceeds the name length limit. External backup job names must meet the following requirements:
* May contain numbers [0-9], letters [A-Za-z], spaces [ ] and the following special characters [-_.@/,<>]. Length must be 3 to 64 characters. The first character must be a letter or number.
https://www.qnap.com/en-us/app_releasen ... bridBackup
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: QNAP Officially Releases Hybrid Backup Sync to Streamline Backup, Restoration and Synchronization

Post by Toxic17 »

merged
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: QNAP Officially Releases Hybrid Backup Sync to Streamline Backup, Restoration and Synchronization

My 653a is still stuck on Hybrid Backup Sync 2.1.170914

I don't have this newer version available in app center. Anyone else have this problem?

Hybrid Backup Sync 2.1.170914
( 2017/09/15 )
[Fixed Issues]
- Testing a connection to a remote Rsync account would sometimes hang.
- Connecting to an AirPort Time Capsule via CIFS/SMB would fail.
- Creating backup/restore/sync jobs would sometimes fail.
- Syncing files with vsftpd FTP server would fail.
- Syncing files with ProFTPD FTP server would fail.
- Syncing files to certain FTP servers would sometimes display incorrect uploaded file size information.
- The policy "Filter system-generated temporary files" setting could not be applied to backup/sync jobs.
- Under certain conditions, editing a CIFS/SMB job would cause the name of the selected folder on the remote NAS to change unexpectedly.
- Syncing files to Amazon Drive would sometimes fail.
- Syncing files to OneDrive would sometimes fail.
- Connecting to OVH cloud service with Tenant ID would fail.
- Fixed security vulnerabilities.
- Fixed some incorrect log information.

- Fixed some minor UI related issues.

[Enhancements]
- Added a new configuration file recovery feature, which enables you to recover a corrupted Hybrid Backup Sync configuration file.

[Known Issues]
- Sync jobs do not work properly with OneDrive shared folders.
- Backup/Restore/Sync jobs do not work properly with Qsync team folders.
- When migrating a job from Backup Station to Hybrid Backup Sync, the jobs name will be labeled as incompatible if it exceeds the name length limit. Job names must meet the following requirements:
* Backup/Restore jobs: May contain numbers [0-9], letters [A-Za-z], spaces [ ] and the following special characters [-_.@,]. Length must be 3 to 64 characters, and the first character must be a letter or number.
* Sync/External jobs: May contain numbers [0-9], letters [A-Za-z], spaces [ ] and the following special characters [-_.@/,<>]. Length must be 3 to 64 characters. The first character must be a letter or number.
- While upgrading Hybrid Backup Sync to this version, an external backup job name will be labeled as incompatible if it exceeds the name length limit. External backup job names must meet the following requirements:
* May contain numbers [0-9], letters [A-Za-z], spaces [ ] and the following special characters [-_.@/,<>]. Length must be 3 to 64 characters. The first character must be a letter or number.

*update

nevermind their probably the same, seeing the release notes for fixes. They probably just change the numbering once it went official only.

PS: apparently theres going to be a video intro as well. Maybe they will sum up whats different between this and the old backup station :)
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
awolfe63
First post

Post by awolfe63 »

The manual says that I can setup a remote server as "RTRR, Rsync, FTP, CIFS/SMB" - but I only see the RTRR option. Are the other ones working?

Can RTRR be setup to backup to an Ubuntu server?
jdreeve
First post

Post by jdreeve »

I've been using HBS for a few months to backup to Backblaze. Last week it stopped working. All jobs (including new ones) time out with this message.
Type Date Time Users Source IP Computer name Content
Error 2017/09/22 09:18:22 admin 127.0.0.1 localhost [CloudBackupSync] (Sync) job [Cloud Upload documents] failed: Failed to connect to the cloud storage service after multiple attempts. Check your network settings.
The jobs seem to work for a few minutes than the upload speed goes to 0.0.I can back up files fine using the Backblaze web interface. I've also re-installed but no change.
nickcave
New here

Post by nickcave »

Nice app, however Onedrive for business only downloads, will not upload.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: PS: apparently theres going to be a video intro as well. Maybe they will sum up whats different between this and the old backup station :)
There also is some good information about SSD Caching in the first 4-5 minutes of this presentation.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Trexx wrote:..
thx i only watched it midway. i'll check it out.

yep this r/w mode is what worried me. at least with read only, for instant power loss, it won't nearly be as bad if the permanent storage data had been residing on ssd.

If you have uninterrupted power using ups, then r/w may be fine. In video they mentioned something about 2 ssd in raid 1 being sufficient protection but i'm not too sure they meant for incidence of sudden power loss. because how could it, they're both ssds and hence susceptible to the same problem isn't it?
datorexpert
Been there, done that

Post by datorexpert »

Can I connect CrashPlan to the Hybrid solution?
QTS 4.1.n/4.2.n/4.3.n/4.4.n MANUAL
Submit QNAP Support Ticket - QNAP Tutorials, Wiki - Product Support Status - Moogle's QNAP FAQ help V2 - QNAP Security Advisory
When you ask a question, please include the following:
Data md_checker nasreport (release 20180525)
=
Model: TVS-873e -- RAM: 20G -- FW: QTS 5.1.1.2491 build 20230815 (used as main storage + applications)
WD60EFRX-68L0BN1(x6) / WD80EFAX-68LHPN0(x1) Red HDDs -- RAID5: 8x6TB -- Cold spare: None
=
Model: TS-453B -- RAM: 8G -- FW: QTS 4.4.1.0978 build 20190626 -- BROKEN
=
Model: SS-839 -- SOLD after 12 years use! Never lost ANY data!
=
13 years of QNAP experience + Asustor and WD!
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

datorexpert wrote:Can I connect CrashPlan to the Hybrid solution?
i thought they cancelled their service already? :shock:
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
datorexpert
Been there, done that

Post by datorexpert »

Only the Home version.
The Small Business version is supported.
75% discount the first year.
Submit QNAP Support Ticket - QNAP Tutorials, Wiki - Product Support Status - Moogle's QNAP FAQ help V2 - QNAP Security Advisory
=
Model: TVS-873e -- RAM: 20G -- FW: QTS 5.1.1.2491 build 20230815 (used as main storage + applications)
WD60EFRX-68L0BN1(x6) / WD80EFAX-68LHPN0(x1) Red HDDs -- RAID5: 8x6TB -- Cold spare: None
=
=
=
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

ah right.

well in my faq i removed it since i don't think most average user would want to get vested into cp at this point.
NAS

Network

Resources
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

edgeleo wrote:
wassup 8)

NAS

Network

Resources
datorexpert
Been there, done that

Post by datorexpert »

I really do not know what you are referring to?
Why would CrashPlan be a bad choice?
Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:ah right.

well in my faq i removed it since i don't think most average user would want to get vested into cp at this point.
=
=
=
=

Return to “Backup & Restore”