Copy a folder

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
conney
Starting out

Copy a folder

Post by conney »

Hi

Do any one now if there is any way to copy a folder to another folder without the software will add extra folders? In Qnap nas?

For example
I will copy folder \\multimedia\pictures\ to \\user\pictures\ (every day)
What I can see all backup software(local or remote) will add extra folders like \\user\local backup 1 \latest\pictures\
I will not synchronise the folder just copy one way.

I have always used “Cobian backup” (http://www.cobiansoft.com/) it is the best software ever, It do exactly wat I want to do with the files. But it runs on my computer and if I am not at home there will not be any copied pictures. OK I can setup a virtual PC and install the software but it takes to much processor of the NAS, just fot this.

BR
Conney
OneCD
Guru

Re: Copy a folder

Post by OneCD »

If you want to copy from one NAS share to another share in the same NAS, then use the File Station app. It's available via the web-login for your NAS and is built-in to QTS. ;)

You can start a copy operation which then continues to run in the background. You don't have to remain connected to the NAS for it to keep working.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Or you can use hybrid backup sync to automate syncing these folders on a schedule
conney
Starting out

Post by conney »

hybrid backup sync is creating this extra folders \\user\local backup 1 \latest\pictures\ that I dont want

And I dont find any way to use "file station app" to automate copy folder to folder (every day).
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

conney wrote:And I dont find any way to use "file station app" to automate copy folder to folder (every day).
Ah, sorry - I missed that in your first post.

Maybe you could try setting up a loopback rsync job? You'll need to enable the option to use your NAS as an rsync server. Then create an rsync backup job where the target is localhost (127.0.0.1).

This way won't create extra folders, and it can be set to run automatically on a schedule.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
conney
Starting out

Post by conney »

Hi
Rsync works very well no extra folders. Rsync synchronise all files, I wanted only one way. But I have made another change so it is OK.

Thanks for all help.

BR
Conney

Return to “Backup & Restore”